Your Friend in ART – Updates
WOW! Friday came this week and I was ready for a little mind rest. The week has been jammed full with following up on paperwork to make sure it is straight on a couple of projects heading into distribution. Also reviewing projects heading out to distributors soon. Several distributors have come forward to look at our slate of films coming down the pipeline. A couple of development projects are getting some legs under them with distributor support. I’ve had a small flood of possible acting roles which I’m looking at to see what FEELS right. I will ramble off a few updates in no particular order and I’m sure I will forget a few.
– “Dean Teaster’s Long Road Home” has some distribution paperwork forming up underneath it.
– Some additional biblical era films in the vein of “Book of Ruth” are getting close to greenlight.
– My long-standing efforts to put “Wild Michigan” back on the tracks continues. Three different paths being worked on this project and one of them should go eventually.
– Several films have open foreign rights and those are being shopped and interest is forming up nicely.
– “Darkest Night” has pushed the dist. screening in L.A. to late June to avoid a couple big festivals and also business in the Philippines is required as we prep for our next associated venture entitled “The Beast”. Several new promotional trailers have been released on this film.
– “Donors” the follow-up to “Deadly Renovations” (Aug 2012 domestic release) is moving along nicely.
-“Locked in a Room” is prepping for the May 3rd Michigan screening. I’ve watched director Larry Simmons work and refine the film and I think audiences will really dig it. Some good stuff looks to be hitting the editing room floor but that is sometimes needed to move the story.
– “7 Stones” released a new poster and the last pick up opening was shot last night and so just a little bit more tweaking and it will be complete. Festival play is next for that powerful film.
– New location photos for “Secondary Heroes” just arrived and so we will be reviewing those this week.
I will spend some of the weekend reviewing a few distribution deal offers and researching companies who have come forth wanting to talk business. I’m waiting on a few other large deals to close and I’ve been nicely informed as they move forward. In my normal everyday life I had a few fans of the work pop up and be surprised that I’m chilling in the Michigan. When not working out-of-town that is how I roll:) So many things in process and I hope to give more exciting news in the weeks to come. Otherwise I think we might finally bottle a batch of wine and pick lilac flowers to make another batch of that. Yard work and maybe till the garden may lie ahead today. I’ll relax and try to get some stuff done because next week is going to be a busy one again.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Your friend in art,