“ASHES” Wrap & Present & Future Film News
Again I sit in my cozy chair sipping the hazelnut coffee and pondering the past and future. I’m happy to say we brought “Ashes of Eden” in on schedule and within budget. I had barely wrapped when the holiday was upon us. I’ve been fighting to get my sleep patterns straight after a month of “battle”. I’m very happy with what I saw and I will go to battle with some of them again I’m sure. Next stop is post and distribution. There has been a lot of praise and such tossed about from the shoot but what I saw was film professionals acting like film professionals. It all starts with management and trickles down to keys and all the way to PA’s. (Product assistants) It was one of the smoothest film sets yet and that is dealing with cold and such. I wanted to really showcase Michigan on both sides of the camera. But that proof was also up to the artists to provide. I’ve worked with some amazing people in this industry and taking pride in the work is the key. As I get older I just have zero tolerance for dramatic conflict causing B.S.. I think the key is to isolate and not feed into it. It is also something you cut away on future endeavors. I tell people I’ve made friends in the industry but it stems from respect and hard work. This is not a popularity contest nor strut walk of artists. It is about the individual who can blend their art seamlessly with others. Conforming to a single directorial vision all within the confined parameters of budget. Overall I think we had a great group of artists – I look forward to working with many of them again.
In other film news…
– “Benjamin” had a great showing last Sat. at the Big Apple Festival in NYC to a sold out show.
– Also Eventity Entertainment will release “Deadly Renovations” into Scandinavia on VOD this 2013.
– I’m signing up TV deals on “Wicked Spring” and “Figure in the Forest” to release on Parables Network.
– “Darkest Night” will have a domestic release trailer in advance of its March 22nd release date for US/Canada.
– “Donors” is doing final pick ups before it comes over to MI for musical score.
– “Book of Ruth: Journey of Faith” can be watched on Netflix and is also now at Meijer’s 1500 stores. I’m also hearing Wal-Mart.
– “7 Stones” is to have a Michigan TV premiere in December. More info soon.
Now while we set up “ASHES” post I will start looking at what I’m going to do in 2013 as an actor, producer and with Collective Development Inc. www.cdiproductions.com Our website will need an end of the year update soon. Enjoy family and friends and set your goals for the year ahead! If you enjoy this blog feel free to share it with the artists in your circle.