Tis the Season Wrap Up’s
I’m at home with my loved ones enjoying a snow day while sipping some hot hazelnut coffee and updating all of you. I was supposed to be in Pontiac finishing my last couple days filming on “Dead Quiet” but the snow storm caused a push. It has been a busy week between personal and business endeavors. Let me see if I can recap a few of these – personal and professional…
1) As some now I was passenger in a Thanksgiving day roll-over that resulted in our household getting a new vehicle. The shopping was almost everyday and we did get to test drive in bad snow so that was useful.
2) Some legal wrap ups underway which is an ongoing thing. Our industry is full of people who have to be put into check. I’m sure this is in many industries but our world of film is a web of agreements.
3) Follow up on some of the foreign licensing deals underway or developing
4) “7 Stones” DVD is now for sale http://www.amazon.com/7-Stones-D-J-Perry/dp/B00GWT8LE0/ref=sr_1_9?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1387036126&sr=1-9&keywords=7+stones
AND VOD (Video on demand) sales to start next week. A great Christmas gift.
5) I had to disperse $ to some investors which is something I really enjoy doing. We also have domestic money flow starting on one of our other films that came to market a few months back so that is always good.
6) My studio talks are continuing hindered slightly by the approaching holidays and their end-of-year wrap up like everyone else. We are examining business to be done between us and I know 2014 will bring new business dealings.
7) I’m in the last stages of an option to purchase agreement on one of my scripts. In addition to developing some of my scripts for production I do plan to sell a few. I will do this direct and also my agency wants to shop a few. We will see if they can do as well as I do:)
8) The “Faith film” front is looking good and so we hope to get the next project following “Book of Ruth” up and going in 2014. I think we are close but it is always close until money is there.
9) I had to mourn the destruction of my elementary school this week which was sad. A buddy of mine from 3rd grade and I toasted to its passing.
10) I’m giving some advice and speaking to someone who is looking to turn a book into a film. On that same develop level I am doing some reading on another project that could be coming to camera in 2014. More once the deal is signed.
11) I did sign my ‘LOI” on the western film “Rifle” that looks to be on track to film this Spring. It would be my latest star turn in a western since “Ghost Town” and I’m eager to get back in the saddle.
12) I’m looking forward to another childhood buddy coming home for the holidays. I enjoy the time with family and friends.
13) Footage prep on “Bestseller” almost done and editing goes full speed after Christmas.
14) “Ashes of Eden” has some ADR and final music but is on track to be complete this month.
I think my blog has been inspired by my Christmas lists that I’ve been working hard to check off. I’m an impulse shopper and I have limited patience for the process so I try to start in advance. I’ve done good keeping up with wrapping while on business calls. I’m going to sign off and get a few things done today. Stay warm out there and enjoy the spirit of the season. Be good to one another.
Leave a Reply