Back from the Desert – Updates
I’ve landed back in Michigan after several weeks in Yuma, AZ filming the second movie in our QUEST TRILOGY entitled “Chasing the Star” – a whirlwind. We went a little early to avoid the intense heat of “40 Nights” shoot. That was a success. We had a wonderful crew who stepped up at every position to make movie magic happen. We have our final few days in Michigan after Easter but they are interior sets and we don’t have to fight the desert. No camels, donkeys, wind storms to deal with. But I want to give a heart felt thanks to all our Yuma crew. We will see you next year for the third film in the series.
The 1st in the series “40 Nights”
This film just played Yuma, AZ at Champion Church to a 500 people giving a standing ovation. It was very humbling and made me proud of those involved. The story is thought provoking and seemed to do just that. It’s making its way into new theaters and church’s on the lead up to our April 5th DVD release.
Yuma, AZ PRESS
PRE-ORDER DVD here
Also releasing the SAME DAY to DVD (April 5th) is “Ashes of Eden” –
Ashes of Eden is an edgy inspirational crime drama, it will have an exclusive premiere on Parables TV (www.parables.tv) April 1, 2016 and will release on DVD April 5, 2016. I love the role I play in this film and fans of the CDI movies will recognize many faces from our tribe.
Please visit these retailers and pre order your copy here.
Following these movies will be a pair of thrillers “Donors” and “Bestseller” that start manufacturing next week. We’ll be promoting those sales sites in the weeks ahead.
IF you want to help these films find their way to you – especially on the big screen.
- Call theaters in your area and request the film. For Yuma, AZ that is Harkins and Regency (formerly Mainstreet) both of whom we are speaking to.
- In Michigan the next markets will be Detroit area (via Emagine or Harkins) and the Alamo for Kalamazoo area.
- If you’ve seen the film put a review on a retail site like amazon or data base like IMDB.com (People will make our their own minds but it helps with placement)
- Talk to your church or organization – we have a sign up page on http://www.40nightsthemovie.com to contact us. Our 1st showing at Champion Church went great – ask them. “Ashes of Eden” would be great for older youth groups.
- Buy the DVD – support positive storytelling.
- Talk about it. Best thing you can do and if we did our job you will be talking about it.
Thank you. I had to get my business out of the way. This is a big week ahead here and lots of distributor meetings are happening. I’m unpacking, readjusting and refocusing so I can prepare to finish our “Chasing the Star” shoot. I will hit the ground running talking Michigan crew in the morning with our director. So give Bret a deserved break as well:)
I’m excited to be on the path we are on. We’ve got other films getting ready to launch. Stay tuned for LOTS of upcoming “Chasing the Star” news and first official looks.
Enjoy the balance of your weekend! I slept 12 hours last night which I needed. Tomorrow it is back into battle but today rest with family and friends:)
Leave a Reply