Hear Ye! Michigan Renaissance Adventure and Movie TOP TEN Updates!
Happy Labor Day! So for those that did not get my message Saturday night, I went out of town Sunday to the Michigan Renaissance Festival with family. I had said that I would blog today so I can reflect on the festival. IF you ever go to one you should get their early as you can. By early afternoon every vendor has lines and the town looks like zombie attack in ye ole’ village.
Some things have changed over the years like the DED BOB show no longer running due to the passing of the performer. But many things have stayed the same. I started my morning with my first ever ‘scotch egg’ which is a hardboiled egg wrapped in sausage. A cider slushy while walking about looking at all the people and art. It is so cool because so many people are engaging their imaginations. It reminds me of Halloween in that way.
I thought for a moment of doing some dressing up for ‘Viking weekend’ but instead went for comfort. I have lots of rugged boots but ye old Sketchers won the footwear contest. We watched a tightrope walker and a joust which was fun. The niece and nephew had never been and they enjoyed themselves. A few rides and activities added to their fun. Soon as we all became hungry for lunch, the lines became longer than Odin’s beard, so we opted to leave and go to Ye Ole Buffalo Wild Wings.
Last week was a busy and exciting week in the world of movies. Let’s do a TOP TEN for the week and see where that takes us.
- Horror Film Lovers blog FIRST TIME WATCH FRIDAYS did us the joy of reviewing BESTSELLER, watch it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTnYvuI3gjI
- BESTSELLER has also started arriving at TUBI and other AD based video of demand – https://tubitv.com/movies/685420/bestseller
- Joining on TUBI is our recent release of BEST YEARS GONE – https://tubitv.com/movies/685418/best-years-gone?start=true
- You can read the PR about the above releases at https://www.prlog.org/12931464-best-years-gone-races-to-tubi-as-bestseller-stalks-right-behind.html
- This week we approved the billing block and art on FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH feature-length doc coming from Deskpop Entertainment. We’ll be releasing the artwork this week and we hope to officially announce a premiere date this week. We are waiting on an answer from the NCG in Owosso, MI. Once we get that approval we’ll do an overall PR release and start an event page. It will be available on streaming on Oct 4th and DVD 11/1/22.
- We have been prepping elements for GHOST TOWN to get a new push to the marketplace next year. New pictures are being enhanced as is the movie file. A new trailer will be coming along with updated artwork. The film will go out with a new deal underway with Desktop Entertainment.
- BMG Global is going to be launching FAST or Free Ad-Supported Streaming TV whereas watchers can watch films playing in rotation. Forty Nights, Lost Heart and Wild Faith have been chosen for their first line up of films. More as we get updates on this program.
- Shane Hagedorn has started lining up SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA theatrical to run after our Iowa premiere. We’ll also be doing a Michigan premiere and the films will play several theaters. How many exactly is yet to be seen.
- SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA is progressing down the post production line. We’re suppose to see the color corrected version of the film any day now. VFX continues and we’re also putting a new theatrical trailer together that will show at AFM. The German translation is also being worked upon and if all these things come together we’ll soon have a finished film.
- I’ve been researching my next script writing endeavor even while waiting on final paperwork. I’m anxious to do some PR on this exciting project once the ink is dry. But I will give way this one little hint- it takes place in the 1800’s a favorite time period of mine.
I think we’ll do some grilling and chilling today. I want to make time to watch the new ELVIS movie. Also the new RINGS OF POWER Tv series pilot is on my list. This week I’ve got an online interview set up on Thursday and I’ll promote that in a day or so. I’ll be talking all the new film releases and anything that comes up. I’ve almost harvested all the hops. I have some end of season tree trimming that needs to happen. Also the yard is about ready for a mow with all the rain. I’m excited for football season to continue. MSU won their first game and they look like they’ll have a good year. I’m going to go refill the ye ole coffee cup and get on with my day. Until next Sunday, be good to one another.
Leave a Reply