The Way of the Warrior
The last couple weeks have been an uphill march but I’m seeing the lush land beyond. Often we suffer the setbacks of our own expectations. Even more often it is our inability to see the full picture. Also having issues outside our control is another trigger for some people. I do say that if you don’t have ego armor and a constitution of steel Entertainment might not be the business for you. Now I did not say hobby as I know many people with the 9-5 who act at the community theater, dink with filmmaking or play music for fun, but as a full-blown business takes so much more. I’ve also noted that when the march is on and strong folks push to walk shoulder to shoulder with you but if things turn on you many will seek a distance. With this they are only too eager to return again when things look good. It is the character of people that counts. I don’t judge that character in times of bounty but in drought. I always like the idea of George Washington with his soldiers at Valley Forge. No shoes, food, tired, home sick…sounds like a team after a long post-production:) I think much of my success has been built upon failures. You learn from experience and put these new approaches into action. I am a warrior. Some know of my martial arts background which I no longer wear on my sleeve. To me it is a way of life, of thinking or being. I’ve got some seasoned warriors and I’ve got some new enthusiastic warriors that have joined the march. I try to lead by example and I’m happy when I see others take to this example. My path is the way of the business artist not one to being a celebrity. If the work is celebrated by others which it has been, great. Do not seek fame for fame sake would be my advice to many out there. It is a false power given by others and can be taken away as easily as given. The artistic spring a warrior draws from relies not upon anyones granting of fame.
OK. Onto some updates…
– Yesterday and today associates of mine on projects of mutual interest are being discussed and deals made. I’m excited to see how things evolve the next week in the wake of these meetings.
– A theatrical showcase of CDI films may be soon put into play with an Arts Council showing the evolution of films.
– CDI will soon have some announcements about a WEB/TV Division of CDI that will include a few pilot projects.
– “Donor” trailer should be arriving in the near future.
– “Darkest Night” is setting up for a L.A. screening for distributors late May and already we have interested parties coming to the table. Also we are in development on our 2nd associated film with GPI “The Beast”.
– “Deadly Renovations” has officially announced August 7th as our domestic DVD release date. VOD?PPV may be same day or slightly thereafter. Also new foreign sales path under way with a larger sales rep. More soon!
– Development continues on several fronts and we are gaining traction.
– “Locked in a Room” EMBRACE THE MADNESS! A May 3rd screening in Canton, MI is being set up and final editing tweaks are being made. This film from an earlier work cut reminds me if FEAR & LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS, MEMENTO and SAW had a baby:)
Other than all that I’ve been approached about another faith-film and I think I’ve got a few of those in my near future. I’ve been working with Ray (Book of Ruth) and we are close to launching a few new films there as well. Today it is a trip up North for family Bday celebration and just getting ready for a new week ahead. Things could go from ZERO to 60 real fast pending a few of these weekend meetings underway. I’m excited to share more on all that but patience must be had by all.
Keep up the good fight artistic warriors and have a great weekend!
Leave a Reply