Finishing and Beginning – A Cycle of Creating
Good morning from chilly Michigan. We have new readers from Canada and the Netherlands, welcome. This morning I spent an hour organizing and cleaning through emails and I still did not get through it all. I’ve enjoyed my little dude Finn this morning. He has brought major joy back into our household in 2019 and for that I’m thankful.
Let’s go with a bullet point update
- MBF: Man’s Best Friend – In two days 415k views of our promo piece with Animal Planet – of course a puking squirrel can get millions of views so…but we’re just happy so many of you are being exposed to this amazing film coming in 2019 from Collective Development Inc. and Bridgestone Multimedia Group. WATCH IT HERE: https://www.facebook.com/AnimalPlanet/videos/366247313928139/UzpfSTE5MTM1MDI2MzU1ODk3NDE6MjIyMTExMTY4ODE2MjE2Ng/ and we just might have a special surprise for you in the months ahead. What else happened with Duncan on his trip to Corunna/Owosso, Michigan to film? It would make a good show;) Editing on the 1st cut is almost done.
- Wild Faith – last month of western film was delivered with our celebrity narrator (preparing for a TV series) and a remastered picture. Keep an eye out for the various time versions of theatrical teasers for social media. Why? Wild faith will be riding back into theaters across the country in March. I think millions could benefit from this powerful film. I had a close friend of many decades tell me that Wild faith was their favorite film of ours to date. I have seen first hand the effects of this film on people’s hearts and minds. So I’ll hope that the number of screens is on the numerous end of the spectrum. I’ll have lists of when’s and where’s in the coming weeks. Be sure to follow our social media FB site for Wild faith and all our films. JOIN US HERE: https://www.facebook.com/WildFaithMovie/
- So you’d think that the above news would be enough to make one feel beyond humble and grateful but the good news continues. The Christ Slayer is complete and is being rendered all together for delivery. It was the biggest scope film in The Quest Trilogy consisting of Forty Nights, Chasing the Star and now The Christ Slayer. It feels great to have finished the film itself but finishing the three films is the realization of a longtime goal. They can be enjoyed as stand alone films but have a greater storyline embedded into the three films. I think Chasing the Star has a clearer conclusion if you’ve seen Forty Nights. And you could enjoy The Christ Slayer stand alone, but it will feel much more full if the other two films have been seen. There are some reoccurring characters in the stories that become richer if you’ve watched all three. So they’ve already cut theatrical social media promos and the movie will be on the big screen in April. FOLLOW US HERE “The Quest Trilogy” – https://www.facebook.com/The-QUEST-Trilogy-933210800141426/
- We’ll be forming the LLC for our next endeavor LOST HEART. We’ve got our first investor/EP excited to move forward so I have to play catch up. Our LOI to distribute from our distributor is now in place. This includes a full first look theatrical evaluation due to the partnership. We’ve got some returning stars from past CDI films and a few new faces too. We’ll finalize casting once everything is in place. I’m really excited about this next project and it will be fun, powerful and thought-provoking. Our PR on this will start rolling on this in a few short weeks.
- From the CDI vaults, a much-anticipated sequel has been getting some real attention. We’ve had a few exploratory development talks with a few parties but this is starting to gel. It would give a new director an opportunity to do his first feature that already has an awaiting audience. A director, a pair of new fresh-faced co-stars, a few nostalgic faces and the game could be afoot.
Josh “The Ponceman” Perry and DJ Perry – The Christ Slayer this Easter!
Additionally I’m happy to report receiving the first paycheck of 2019. Freelance or the art of creating a paycheck each and every year is not for everyone. As one year ends we all wonder if another year of income will materialize. So that first one is always nice. I’m happy to report this one is from a new client, a major book publisher. This book runner, which I assume is much like a show runner, went to see Wild Faith. From there she watched a few other films I had written and reached out. I was asked to be a contributor in a book of horse stories. Having done a good number of westerns, I have a few good stories. From those two stories I contributed I was asked about contributing to two other books. I’m enjoying all the writing. I’ve been having some discussions on literary representation. I’ve done past deals just off personal relationships and attorneys but having someone actively seek/bid work-for-hire or sell off scripts I have, but don’t plan to produce, would be perfect.
I saw a cool little saying burnt into a wood plank the other day- something like,
“If the winds won’t agree with you, pick up the oars”
2019 my friends. I hope the winds will be at your back taking you closer to your dreams and goals. But if the air is still and stagnant and your boat sits idle, pick up them oars and get rowing. Life is short so don’t be afraid to fail. But do give your BEST EFFORT, always.
Talk at you next week.