Toasting Our Victories and Loses – The Weeks TOP TEN CDI Updates!
Good afternoon my friends. This morning we had my niece’s bday party at a nature center so you’re getting a later blog. I want to welcome our international readers from Thailand, Sweden, Ireland, China and more. I love how this circle of readers continues to grow. I want to start this blog with an RIP tribute to one tenacious business woman from NC Alaska Presley. She was the wife and partner with one of the creators of the legendary Ghost Town in the Sky theme park. This is only one of the many businesses she ran. And she had her interest diversified all over the country with different development real estate projects. At almost 100 years old, I always found her to be busy at work. Anyway, she passed two days ago and I just felt the need to recognize her. RIP Alaska. (Below on Ghost Town)
This week was full of several events that I’ll try to bullet point our TOP TEN here.
- Working backwards – we ended the week with several of the CDI Tribe going to the Capital City Film Fest mixer. I was able to see a few friends that I only really see that this event. We had a great time at the Ellison Brewery downing a few Amber Ales and toasting some of the recent CDI victories while meeting a few nice film folks.
- End of the week we were also notified of a major network interested in licensing MBF and WILD FAITH so we’re getting that around. WILD FAITH: Hastings has some great opportunities ahead and we’ll know about one of them this month. Pretty amazing but I’ve been party to “almost great” things on several occasions but fingers crossed.
- Easter is upon us and anyone who reads this who wants to help us – start by making the watching of THE QUEST TRILOGY a yearly thing. FORTY NIGHTS, CHASING THE STAR and THE CHRIST SLAYER will give you an inspirational feeling with perhaps a few new insights.
- BESTSELLER should start appearing for DVD pre-order and also promoting digital purchase for May 31st. I had someone ask me today if it was scary because they don’t do scary well. The answer is YES, very scary. So if that is not your cup of tea go watching one of the others.
- BEST YEARS GONE has marketing meetings this week as we get closer to this film also rolling out in DVD and digital purchase on July 5th! We are still looking at a few festival plays for fun.
- FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH signed its deal with Deskpop Entertainment and this past week our director Curran Jacobs, did some promotion at the NUWAY nationals. Thing doc on the history of grappling is starting to get a lot of attention. We are working on planning the right premiere.
- I spoke to our director on the music video we did for DEEPFALL and I’m hoping they release it soon so we can share it with all of you.
- SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA the teaser trailer is a few days behind schedule with our director being under the weather last week. It is close to being picture locked before off to music and sound design. The full first rough cut might also be making its way over today or tomorrow. I’m excited to see the story all laid out. This project has some very exciting days ahead of it.
- This past week we reviewed the agreement for the special blu-ray release of KNIGHT CHILLS. I’m also working on the streaming deal which will also have it being uprezed to HD. Lastly, the video game is moving forward and I’ve seen some really cool renders so far.
- HOT ROD LOVE – we’ve been in talks with investors and sponsors and working hard to pull this project together. I found a few cool pieces of 70’s wardrobe I might just have to groove on for my role in the film.
I also had a series of calls last week about possible CDI collaboration and associations. I’m in talks with Karl Manke who wrote “Hope From Heaven” that BEST YEARS GONE was adapted from. I found the next book of Karl’s I would like to make. We’ll see if that all comes together. We’re talking new promo for LOST HEART and a few of the films. I want to make sure we update the http://www.cdiproductions.com page. There is a lot of cool stuff on there. We won our soccer match last week and I even found the back of the net again. I’m excited to play this week. I got a bit of work down around the homestead. Sunk a new post for the guide rope across the bridge and chopped some wood. There is a lot more to get done but I’m happy with the progress thus far. I’m going to get out there and do a few things while it is sunny with no rain or snow. I hope you all had a great week and that your week ahead is even more productive.
Be good to one another. Coffee Cheers!