A hearty sip of the hazelnut coffee as a morning toast to all of you. It is a rainy May 1st but plant life is budding everywhere and bees and birds are on the move. It has been a very active week but I’ll start it with a few little personal updates. I found out that a classmate from elementary school whom I saw here and there over the years, passed away. She was a year older and passed in her sleep, it just reminds us to embrace life and those we share it with.
This week many hours working in the yard doing some clean up and repairs. Our Luna Mae pup got a cut on her paw chasing a squirrel and had to get a few stitches. I did some wood cutting and trimming but will have a professional tree cutter come in for a few branches. This week will be setting up the new fire pit and that will be nice to enjoy. I’m looking forward to some grilling and chilling in the months ahead.
It has been a very busy time for CDI business also. Let’s look at some of those updates.
DEEPFALL‘s ‘Revolution’ music video – The Michigan-based rock band kicked off their tour with 7 Dust this weekend in Grand Rapids and Detroit. We are excited to start a second music video with them as soon as they complete this tour. Here again is the music video: https://youtu.be/xtlc7GQvr70 and we wish them an awesome tour.
Sticking with the theme of music videos here is the music video for VERTICAL BRIDGE and their winning song OFF TO THE RACES that appears in our upcoming release of BEST YEARS GONE. Here is the music video featuring clips from the film – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka43XfLnsEA
BEST YEARS GONE releases July 5th, 2022 and we will likely find out today if we won the BareBones International Film and Music Festival for ‘Best Comedy‘ feature. Now we did not attend because of the long drive and they seem to still be trying to get up to speed for Covid lock down. We might start doing some more fun marketing spots as we draw closer.
I was informed by our distributor that two of our films WILD FAITH and MBF: MAN’S BEST FRIEND will be releasing with NBC/Peacock which is an audience of 33 million so we’re all excited for the films to reach new viewers. That will help our efforts on the Wild Faith TV series for sure. Once we have dates we’ll be doing a full PR release. We hope that many more of the CDI films will follow. A TV series?
To prepare for the worldwide release on FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH we started to deliver assets. That should finish up this week. We are also exploring a large festival as a possible premiere venue. Also the first assets for the upcoming KNIGHT CHILLS Blu Ray were delivered. I’m having fun gathering assets to provide a new unique look at this little ambitious film from all those years ago. The streaming deal will be set up with 3 other title and the video game development is looking great.
SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA released its first official teaser last week to much fanfare.
Here is the link – https://youtu.be/abGtdP-93mE
We had a pick up VFX shoot yesterday for SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA and I’m hoping to have a VFX featurette video to share with all of you soon. We will likely start work on some other assets like a theatrical poster. We’ll wait for the new tighter cut of the film itself before we start pulling scenes for the official trailer to release on the run up to our December Iowa premiere. I’ll be circling around with our sponsors and potential sponsors about this upcoming event. We will keep dripping photos out in the weeks to come.
BESTSELLER releases worldwide this month! This cool Melissa Anschutz led thriller will release to DVD and digital purchase May 31st. This Chris Wright book was turned into this intense film and now the world will be able to watch. It has some great talent involved and we’re all excited to share it with you. Pics and promo will keep dripping out from the Facebook page so be sure to follow us there too.
I also spent some serious time trying to clean and organize my emails but that is an on-going never ending endeavor. We had a recent merchandise promotion meeting and we’re looking at bringing a few things to market. I LOVE the poster art for BIGFOOT, UFOS and JESUS and might explore shirts. LOST HEART might get new poster art. More of you are discovering the WICKED SPRING HD streaming links and so if you’re just discovering this film or its a favorite from years past- enjoy. Try this link below but just google up ‘Wicked Spring’ and ‘HD’ and go back to the Civil War!
I’m going to try and wrap some of this up. I can also report ahead of the PR release that I’ve inked a new deal to adapt a book to a screenplay and produce it with our CDI Tribe. I usually start to immerse myself in the art, music, fashion and history of the time. This particular story will have CDI storytelling in the roaring 20’s. But as I focus on the script we have one script ready to roll – HOT ROD LOVE. We’ve been in pre-talks with locations, car owners, companies, talent and potential sponsors and investors. We have some folks committed and will be asking for support again here soon when we disperse more funds back to our base. These are hard and dark times for some out there. I pride myself on the fact that even with all these challenges we’ve continued to keep telling our stories of hope and inspiration and laughter. So yes, we’ll be asking once again for some of you good folks to travel with us again. We will have to access our target dates because a few things have moved just a tad slower. But May will let us now much more as we work hard to launch this next endeavor. It has some female empowerment elements embedded in the 1975 world of drag racing. Just you wait and see.
I hope you all have a great week and make good progress on whatever endeavors you are working on. As you travel be good to your fellow life adventurers as they all have challenges of their own. I got my old hop vines cleared and I see new sprouts climbing already. I will plan to set up the water fountain and fire pit this week. I might quote those tree trimmers. I hope we get some sun so we can do a few meetings outside and I can continue my screenwriting out amongst nature. Lastly, my outdoor soccer season starts this Thursday. Our indoor league did the job of getting my legs and lungs back up to task. You have to keep your kung fu strong:) Thank you all. I appreciate you so much and appreciate you stopping by and the support. Have a great Sunday!
I want to welcome our gathering of new readers joining us from around the world. I give you all a big hazelnut coffee cheers. Thank you all for taking the time to join us.
Yesterday was the first absolutely beautiful day in Michigan. With temps reaching almost 80 degrees with flowers blooming, birds building nests and much-needed sunshine warming everything. I spent a good part of the morning with Luna, our new dog, unpacking our patio set. The deck now has the table, umbrella and chairs all set up. It is one of my favorite places to work on scripts and do business. But yesterday it was working in the yard all morning until getting cleaned up for a family bday dinner at a local Italian restaurant. After that it was back to all hang on the patio. Luna has been fascinated? obsessed? with you guessed it, squirrels. Yesterday as we all visited Luna decided to use a broken tree to try and escape the fenced in yard. She struggled with all her might and got her heavy load over the fence. She was quickly re-captured but I had to bust out the sledge hammer, axe and chainsaw – ending with securing the area with a higher heavy fence around the tree. She was a tired camper and while she was proud of her climb we hope it was a one time thing. I’m sure it was a first for her.
SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA – Let’s get right into the news of the hour. I’ll actually let you read it all right here.
Even before the PR hits next week I’ll fill you in on a few new updates
- The deal for the BluRay of KNIGHT CHILLS is done. For those not in the knowing, Knight Chills was CDI’s first movie shot on Beta back in the 90’s. It was a huge learning curve and the PG-13 thriller had Dungeons and Dragons like role playing at the heart of the story. Plans are for a streaming release and actively we have a video game in development. I’ve seen some of the test work and it is pretty amazing.
- I mentioned above that I’m excited to be sitting on the patio doing some writing. I’ve signed a deal to write my next adaptation of a book to screenplay and produce the film. Right now I’m ONLY concerned with writing a great script. It will likely film 2023 but pending it could be late 2022. I’m going to hold off on any details until the PR release but it is exciting to have a new writing project.
- FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH documentary is prepping deliverables and we’re still exploring where we want to premiere it. We are also looking at large premiere festivals so we’ll see. We are also discussing the next documentary film in our FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH series!
- In the next month of MAY 31st, we’ll be promoting the release of the CDI associated thriller BESTSELLER, which previously only had a DVD release. Deskpop Entertainment is releasing it worldwide and we are excited to see it launching.
- BEST YEARS GONE will be firing up its marketing campaign in the coming weeks with the film releasing JULY 5th! This film brought lots of laughter in the theatrical play and we’re excited to bring this fun romp to all of you.
- I hope you all had a chance this holiday season to watch THE QUEST TRILOGY, our unique take on these stories have been enjoyed by an ever-growing world audience. I met with Carl Weyant (The Christ Slayer) over a few new projects. We just finished a DEEPFALL music video that CDI produced and that he directed, shot (with Travis Hayward) and edited. Here is the music video link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtlc7GQvr70 – Carl and CDI have several projects in development including other music videos. Interested in a music video and have a budget, reach out to me.
- WILD FAITH and MAN’S BEST FRIEND look as though they might be heading to Peacock streaming. We’ve had major efforts underway to turn our highly popular Wild Faith into a TV series. When speaking about on-going stories I’ve had many people ask about the fate of ‘Paul Landings’ from MBF. Currently ‘Paul’ is serving time and will there be a second story, never say never, although there is no active development on that front.
- We’re about to make our push on HOT ROD LOVE, a female empowerment story in the world of drag racing in 1975. We’ve been preparing to approach our backers and sponsors. Prepare to start your engines!
- This past week we’ve been awaiting follow up materials from a few discussions on film collaborations. Many folks talk but don’t follow up properly mainly because they engaged in talks prematurely. But if things are delayed you should reach out to communicate that. One project was pitched and I was suppose to see materials last week, but they did not arrive. It reminds me of past film mixers of having your time dominated by someone who talks a good game but next presents any follow up materials. So they wasted my time talking about something not ready to roll. Casual conversation is fine but I’ve had an hour plus wasted in the past. So don’t go into things prematurely or unprepared.
- I do believe this coming week we’ll know the outcome of the BareBones International Film and Music Festival results. BEST YEARS GONE is up for ‘Best Comedy’ and there might be an opportunity for folks to watch a one time virtual showing. I will have to explore that more with our director Shane Hagedorn.
I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead. I’m excited to see how folks react to the first peek at SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA. We have another indoor soccer match this week after a close win last week. All of this is in preparation for our outdoor league. I plan to get more trees trimmed and other prep work that will give us a garden zen in a few short months. Cheers to more dreams, endeavors and doings. We had a few great wrap ups this week as we all worked very hard. We make it look easy at CDI but it’s really hard work. It looks easy because we’ve gotten more and more efficient with but it’s still hard work by lots of artists. We ask for people’s best and they give it. Thank you.
Be kind to one another! Coffee Cheers!
Good – eve – morning! I have a very busy Sunday with flea-markets, family and friends and so I’m doing my update now. I love this picture above from our upcoming SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA because it shows courage in the face of uncertainty. That is the world that we’ve been living in with its challenges and the tolls it has taken. We’ve managed to stand and face these obstacles and still manage to create our stories and hope and enlightenment. To add some humor and escapism to the lives of millions. Tens of millions and when adding all of the audiences of all of them together the totals are humbling. At CDI we are committed to telling our stories highlighting the best aspects of ourselves. I’ve had fans of THE QUEST TRILOGY, MAN’S BEST FRIEND and WILD FAITH reach out over the last week. I’m reminded of what we do for people and I cannot even begin to tell you the appreciation we as artists have for those who support the arts. Our backers, our sponsors and our audiences – the STORY that needs to be told and YOU are why we take time away from our families to film. I just wanted to take this fine Easter Eve to express our appreciation.
HOT ROD LOVE is a CDI film in active development that has a few great themes woven into a great 1975 small town drag racing world. We’ve been preparing to present this project to several of our past supporters. This is coinciding with the BEST YEARS GONE kick off to the home video campaign on July 5th. We’ve been having a great time looking at different tracks around the country.
We are all seriously excited to see how the world responds to BEST YEARS GONE. The theatrical response was very strong and I was happy to see how the German actors also received the humor well. I hope it translates around the world. We’re nominated for ‘Best Comedy’ in an upcoming –
This week is going to be exciting on many fronts. COLLECTIVE DEVELOPMENT INC. expanding into music videos. We are excited to announce that the OFFICIAL VIDEO for DEEPFALLS first single “Revolution” will premiere on April 19th!
This week will be the SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA teaser trailer post production work on color correction, music and sound design. We’ll also start some theatrical poster designs along with a special VFX featurette. The 1st cut of the movie itself is done and now director Anthony Hornus is working with our editor on the second cut of the film. From there it will be honed down to a final picture in a third cut.
BESTSELLER the dark and moody thriller from the twisted mind of Christopher Knight arrives on home video on May 31st. We’ve been dripping PR out at the films Facebook. We worked very hard making this intense film that showcases absolutely beautiful Northern Michigan.
This past week I had four different meetings over possible CDI associations. An association is where a group has their funding and not the experience. When you are entrusted with funds you need to succeed or the well will go dry. Many films never get finished and when that happens it hurts the artistic market. But I also have to look at all the variables and decide if a collaboration will be beneficial. Sometimes it’s easier to just fund it ourselves controlling those variables but we are open to discussion. I’m proud to say that I’ve secured one of the next screenwriting/producing endeavors. I’m not ready to announce it yet but I will say that I’m extremely excited by the opportunity. We have our TV series based off WILD FAITH being evaluated by a few solid companies. With two new platforms requesting WILD FAITH just this week I’m inclined to feel that this TV spin off project will soon go into production. If it is meant to happen it will!
This week will also start the delivery of the elements on FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH documentary to DeskPop Entertainment. We will be meeting this week to further discuss the premiere. We might talk festivals as some of the large ones want to host the premiere. We shall see. We entered SMOKE & MIRRORS into a few fun festivals to go enjoy the spooky season. I got my start as a monster hunter. I will have some exciting announcements on several of the CDI library titles including KNIGHT CHILLS.
I’m going to wrap this up. I’ve been enjoying soccer which has been indoor but outdoor starts next month. But the great news is my running is getting back on point. I’ve done some great clean up in the yard but still have some to go. The chickens have been kicking out the eggs. I’ve had to work with outdoor loving Luna (new doggie) who has a passion for squirrels. I’ve finally got her to stop jumping on the fence. I’m looking forward to warmer breezes so we can do more outdoor meetings. I hope you all have a wonderful day with your loved ones. I am going to recharge and tackle the week ahead with enthusiasm.
Happy Easter! Coffee Cheers!
Good afternoon my friends. This morning we had my niece’s bday party at a nature center so you’re getting a later blog. I want to welcome our international readers from Thailand, Sweden, Ireland, China and more. I love how this circle of readers continues to grow. I want to start this blog with an RIP tribute to one tenacious business woman from NC Alaska Presley. She was the wife and partner with one of the creators of the legendary Ghost Town in the Sky theme park. This is only one of the many businesses she ran. And she had her interest diversified all over the country with different development real estate projects. At almost 100 years old, I always found her to be busy at work. Anyway, she passed two days ago and I just felt the need to recognize her. RIP Alaska. (Below on Ghost Town)
This week was full of several events that I’ll try to bullet point our TOP TEN here.
- Working backwards – we ended the week with several of the CDI Tribe going to the Capital City Film Fest mixer. I was able to see a few friends that I only really see that this event. We had a great time at the Ellison Brewery downing a few Amber Ales and toasting some of the recent CDI victories while meeting a few nice film folks.
- End of the week we were also notified of a major network interested in licensing MBF and WILD FAITH so we’re getting that around. WILD FAITH: Hastings has some great opportunities ahead and we’ll know about one of them this month. Pretty amazing but I’ve been party to “almost great” things on several occasions but fingers crossed.
- Easter is upon us and anyone who reads this who wants to help us – start by making the watching of THE QUEST TRILOGY a yearly thing. FORTY NIGHTS, CHASING THE STAR and THE CHRIST SLAYER will give you an inspirational feeling with perhaps a few new insights.
- BESTSELLER should start appearing for DVD pre-order and also promoting digital purchase for May 31st. I had someone ask me today if it was scary because they don’t do scary well. The answer is YES, very scary. So if that is not your cup of tea go watching one of the others.
- BEST YEARS GONE has marketing meetings this week as we get closer to this film also rolling out in DVD and digital purchase on July 5th! We are still looking at a few festival plays for fun.
- FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH signed its deal with Deskpop Entertainment and this past week our director Curran Jacobs, did some promotion at the NUWAY nationals. Thing doc on the history of grappling is starting to get a lot of attention. We are working on planning the right premiere.
- I spoke to our director on the music video we did for DEEPFALL and I’m hoping they release it soon so we can share it with all of you.
- SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA the teaser trailer is a few days behind schedule with our director being under the weather last week. It is close to being picture locked before off to music and sound design. The full first rough cut might also be making its way over today or tomorrow. I’m excited to see the story all laid out. This project has some very exciting days ahead of it.
- This past week we reviewed the agreement for the special blu-ray release of KNIGHT CHILLS. I’m also working on the streaming deal which will also have it being uprezed to HD. Lastly, the video game is moving forward and I’ve seen some really cool renders so far.
- HOT ROD LOVE – we’ve been in talks with investors and sponsors and working hard to pull this project together. I found a few cool pieces of 70’s wardrobe I might just have to groove on for my role in the film.
I also had a series of calls last week about possible CDI collaboration and associations. I’m in talks with Karl Manke who wrote “Hope From Heaven” that BEST YEARS GONE was adapted from. I found the next book of Karl’s I would like to make. We’ll see if that all comes together. We’re talking new promo for LOST HEART and a few of the films. I want to make sure we update the http://www.cdiproductions.com page. There is a lot of cool stuff on there. We won our soccer match last week and I even found the back of the net again. I’m excited to play this week. I got a bit of work down around the homestead. Sunk a new post for the guide rope across the bridge and chopped some wood. There is a lot more to get done but I’m happy with the progress thus far. I’m going to get out there and do a few things while it is sunny with no rain or snow. I hope you all had a great week and that your week ahead is even more productive.
Be good to one another. Coffee Cheers!
A chilly Sunday in Michigan with a dusting of snow. I’m so ready to get on with spring and start to get things cleaned up from winter. But the arctic air is still flowing down and so it will be wood stove at the office again this week. I want to welcome our new readers from Mexico, China, Ireland and more. I am sipping the hazelnut coffee that is chasing some of the chill away. I’m looking forward to more gatherings around the fire pit or chilling on the office porch or patio. The grill is ready to get a good work out this year. I was working on cutting down some of the old hops vines to prepare for the new sprouts that will grow along the deck soon. I want to have a new deck built and so I’ve been looking at different styles. I also want to put in a new privacy fence but all takes planning, time and money. I’ve been enjoying indoor soccer on Tuesdays which is getting the rust off my touch and getting my running endurance back into shape. I’m exciting about some of the new training I’ve been doing and I’m enjoying the challenge. Just a slew of activities to participate in this new year while working on our film projects. Let’s look at some of the CDI film updates shall we?
TOP UPDATES FROM LAST WEEK
- No fooling! The ‘DEEPFALL‘ music video “Revolution” is completed and will release April 1st and I encourage you to take a watch/listen. Here is the link where it will launch. https://youtu.be/xtlc7GQvr70 Produced by Collective Development Inc. it was posted by Weyant Alliance with Carl Weyant directing and editing. We will be looking to produce more music videos moving forward. If you have a band and a budget please do reach out and let us help take your exposure to the next level.
- BEST YEARS GONE – There is talk of moving the DVD/streaming purchase date to July 5th the day after the 4th of July celebrations versus June 5th. A miscommunication over a surround sound mix issue caused a slight hold up and now marketing might play better capturing the fireworks of the week. The film also announced that it has been nominated for ‘Best Comedy‘ at the BareBones International Music and Film Festival. Between this and the London-based Maverick Film Fest which we won, it tells me UK and Oklahoma both have great taste in humor. (Just kidding) We hope people all over the world enjoy this fun thought-provoking and yes, funny story. I am a tad disappointed in the push but only because I’m excited for people around the globe to laugh along. But if you need your dose of CDI sooner we have a few other releases.
- The thriller BESTSELLER, is an adaptation of the book by Chris Knight. CDI was brought in to access and reboot a failed start by another producer group. Again, when you get an investor to say YES, a slight toast to the hard work to that point is fine, but the real hard work lies ahead. The execution and completion of the film is no easy task and therein lies the fact despite what I may think creatively of a film I watch by my peers – you are in a new club of doers just by finishing. For the rough start that this film had, the reboot was really a good experience. We re-shot everything and kept maybe 5% of the original cast and crew moving forward. I did not what to get the reputation of being “the fixer” as that is still reactionary versus a properly prepped endeavor. So we re-shot the entire film and I really love the vibe that we absorbed into this footage. BESTSELLER is our closet nod to date to a ‘Hitchcock’ film. Melissa Anschutz (CDI producer/actress) gives intensity acting lessons, taking viewers all over the emotional spectrum showcasing once again her leading lady status. This film is a contender for INTENSITY for myself, in good company with films like DEADLY RENOVATION, THE 8th PLAGUE, MBF or WICKED SPRING. What do you think? Have you seen all these films? Let me know and prepare to enjoy BESTSELLER releasing in May!
- FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH has signed its distribution deal with DESKPOP ENTERTAINMENT and will start the delivery of assets so we can get home video release dates assigned. We are also in talks with several parties about setting up the premiere in Las Vegas. More on that soon!
- Our efforts on the tv series spin-off of WILD FAITH, Wild Faith: Hastings continues on with a few new submissions and discussions. This project has tens of millions that have enjoyed the feature and we’re working hard to give audiences the on-going adventures. We have eight scripts locked and loaded and folks are really enjoying them. Your favorite characters will continue to tell their stories with plenty of new characters to enjoy as well. Follow along as we push to get these added stories told at https://www.facebook.com/WildFaithHastingstvseries
- Help us keep creating a holiday tradition by starting a yearly watch of THE QUEST TRILOGY. Our three interlinking stories (Forty Nights, Chasing the Star and The Christ Slayer) explore some deep seated questions with a unique perspective that also takes into account the angelic community. Please do consider taking a watch with your loved ones. With the inspiration behind the “look” of the trilogy being the original three Star Wars films, it is a unique take to be experienced. Between the three films also lies some of our composer Dennis Therrian’s best work. Let me know your thoughts on these films.
- KNIGHT CHILLS – CDI’s maiden picture about a dungeons and dragons like game gone wrong has stayed in the pop culture since the 90’s. The film will be getting a streaming release and a new BluRay deal is in the works. Also I’ve seen the first version of “Sir Kallio” being developed for the Knight Chills video game. The sequel has been in serious talks for several year. Part of it is finding the right team for what was CDI’s first. This new team has to have the same passion we all did on the first one. Good things lie ahead including merchandise for this oldie but goodie.
- I’ve been getting some kind notes from folks having watched MAN’S BEST FRIEND and LOST HEART, thank you. These two films are both real thought provokers. MBF is a bit heavier in tone where Lost Heart has moments of straight up comedy woven throughout it. Have you seen either of them? Which is your cup of tea? Let me know.
- SMOKE & MIRRORS – Love this short that we held over for a year during Covid. We’re looking for a few horror events to showcase our turn of the century (steam punk) proof of concept culled from my feature script. David Gries and Melissa Anschutz are awesome as the film’s leads. I had a blast acting in this one and I do see the full feature getting made in good time.
- SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA – This film was many years in the making. But I’ve found that stories almost have a life of their own. They sometimes happen when they are needed to happen. We had no way of knowing the coming of this new war but our story is so relevant. It has some themes and topics that will really ring true with people. We are working hard to get a locked picture allowing music and sound design to begin. Aside from the main work flow (currently editing) we are editing a teaser trailer. This will be a first look at the story we all worked hard to tell. A chance to see some of the characters come to life for the first time on screen. To say I’m excited would be an understatement. But I also see so many of you excited as well. Follow us along at https://www.facebook.com/SNIAmovie for all the latest updates!
We ended the week with a recap and toast. We faced a Covid crisis and now we face all the fall out from unrest in the world. But we at CDI are committed to keeping something constant – the storytelling. I’m so appreciative to all our backers who choose to assist in creating versus hating or getting swallowed by the daily negativity. I believe our stories speak right to the hearts, minds and souls of audiences. In a world where effective communication is at an all time low – we need the stories. CDI is a tribe of amazing doers and we will keep doing our thing. We will keep building the new HOT ROD LOVE and our other developmental properties, while toasting and pushing our successes now coming to market. CDI is still not operating at its most efficient as a production company since we could be producing every quarter of the year but right now funding slows things. I had to check myself recently because I’m normally very good at keeping 10-100 steps back from an endeavor allowing me to keep the proper perspective. It allows me to see what others cannot, gaining patience by faith. The faith that all the prioritized “day to day” tasks completed will add up to greater overall things. I got close to another big deal that’s still evolving and developing alongside a few equally exciting opportunities, but I started to allow my desired timeline to conflict with the flow of the river. Wade out into a river and try to stop the flow. Your frustration will arise and your patience can easily erode but…step out onto the river’s band. You can see the flow. Drop in a few rocks and you can change the flow. Flow like water – ah Bruce Lee. Patience is restored – flow and get there when you get there. If you are working hard it will happen in its time. Okay. I’m going to get a few Sunday things done here and I want to thank you all for stopping by and taking a read. Subscribe and feel free to drop me any feedback. Have a great week and be good to one another.
A nice sip of hazelnut coffee starts my morning. We had a time change so I’m adjusting to that. Also I was so inspired to start spring clean up of the yard but woke to more snow. I hear this last blast might be the final winter roar. I want to thank all the artists from around the world for stopping through to join us here. I want to wish my good ‘buddy’ (his name in the film Man’s Best Friend) Austin Two Feathers on his birthday. This past week was draining on my batteries. I know two of our producers recently got a nice break from the harsh winter and it helps. I’ve always got multiple things to do and most recently it was getting end of year taxes done on the films. But development, pre-production and post production work is happening all the time. I’m looking forward to a couple big meetings ahead as we prepare for BEST YEARS GONE, FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH, SMOKE & MIRRORS, BESTSELLER and SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA to release this year. Also prep is being done on a few of CDI’s library titles to get new releases out in the market. For some it will be the first major streaming release. Titles in discussion are KNIGHT CHILLS, FIGURE IN THE FOREST, AN ORDINARY KILLER and GHOST TOWN.
We’ve also been doing some additional marketing on our films currently in the marketplace to keep their audience growing. Some great clips of scenes from your favorite CDI films will trickle out onto social media. We hope to encourage first time audiences to watch the stories. THE QUEST TRILOGY (Part 1: Forty Nights, Part 2: Chasing the Star, Part 3: The Christ Slayer) is a great watch for the Easter season. I try to watch them once a year during the Easter season but they are a good inspirational watch at any time of the year.
I’m also excited to say that our good friend Greg Mason who has been in CDI endeavors since movie one is coming home after several weeks in the hospital fighting for his life from Covid. I’m glad he made it through as he has many more films to participate in. I feel for all those struggling with their own hardships. First it was Covid and now War in Ukraine and the resulting inflation is creating a negative static in the background of life. When you are in your home safe you feel for those forced from their homes with what they can carry. Other life updates include continuing to working on getting Luna, our new doggie daughter, feeling part of the family with our fur boy Finn. Also I had my first indoor soccer match to prepare for Spring outdoor soccer. My body felt good but I can use some improvement in my running. I’ve enjoyed training over the winter to keep the body tuned up. I’m happy to be blessed with reasonable good health but it is something you want to keep at.
I’m excited to share the music video we did for the rock band DEEPFALL once the final edit is released. Music. I’ve been playing the guitar quite a bit as of late and getting to play with a few friends. It’s great if you’re feeling “out of tune,” -play a bit and watch how it changes your energy. I said previously that I’ve had few breaks from all the responsibilities I carry. Music, fire, family and friends are my small release. I will keep working hard to maintain my balance daily because only from that place am I able to help others.
HOT ROD LOVE – this next CDI project in development is moving forward both on the business and creative front. We have some great talent lining up to play roles in this film. Parts of development are maybe considered more fun but everything needs to progress forward together. The film taking place in 1975 is really bringing a lot to the table by way of fashion, music and more. We’ve been having weekly development meetings and talking with possible backers and sponsors. Patience, persistence and good planning are required.
WRAP UP: I almost lost most of my blog here trying to add a title. I sometimes think a vlog or video blog would be easier but doing these weekly recaps helps me to reframe everything that needs to be done in the coming week. Also you should always keep working on things that are not your strength. I was talking last week to Curran Jacobs, a world champion wrestler and MMA fighter who coaches also. It is about getting your students to leave their ego at the door. You want to feel free to work on your weak techniques to better them. It is not about just using your best technique to prove to your classmates/teammates how badass you are. Work on your weaknesses. Don’t be afraid to fail in practice. This can also translate to – don’t be afraid to speak up in brainstorm sessions for fear of sounding dumb. If there is an issue it will be discussed and learning takes place. But sometimes you have that gem of an idea so don’t keep it to yourself. I hear warmth is ahead and I’m ready. Be good to one another and keep chipping away at your dreams and goals.
Until next week, coffee cheers!
I’m sitting and sipping the hazelnut coffee with “Luna” beside me. She is the rescue that we’ve been working into our family mix. Right now she and Finn our co-existing nicely together yer still apart. Finn has had a few small issues but Luna is so laid back she just ignores him. She wants to go full into play and such with the handsome Finn but we’re taking it slow. We’ve been taking them on some good walks together which is helping them bond.
In other news, this entire deal with Russia and Urkraine is very disheartening to see. I don’t think the Russian people and soldiers are all about this conflict. But the Russian people are limited in how much they can protest. I think we as Americans are being reminded of what patriotism, bravery and unity looks like. Having just emerged from studying and immersing myself in WW2 it’s interesting the differences. Up to the moment broadcast media, social media and the closer communication of the world is showing a major difference. Now social media shaming isn’t going to stop a die-hard dictator bent on conquering. The Ukraine isn’t going to lie down and so winning a few battles versus holding captured ground is gonna be near impossible. I hope this resolves quickly and doesn’t spread. I’m not sure Putin planned to stop with taking Ukraine. The world isn’t going to stand by while this happens. Let’s hope world peace is restored soon.
While things are playing out on the world stage in our film family circles some are still fighting the last lingering Covid. Our own Greg Mason, who has been with CDI since film one “Knight Chills” has been fighting Covid in the hospital. He was in a serious bad way in ICU where they almost put him on a vent. But he improved and if it continues he might be downgraded to a room today. Also one of our hometown (Lansing, MI) artistic duos Michael and William McCallum need your well wishes as William is in the hospital. There is a tragedy torch that is passed around from person to person losing loved ones. We’ve all had our turns and we’ll all have several more. So be kind to people and challenge yourself daily to be grateful. I’m wishing the best for any that are facing such hardships. UPDATE: just got word Greg Mason has been moved to the step down unit and is sleeping and improving!
Let’s do a ‘TOP TEN updates’ from last week-
- The BTS promo for ‘SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA‘ was released this week. It was edited by Adam Towner who worked with our crew. It shows the hardworking CDI cast and crew working to tell our WW2 Holiday story based on true events. Watch here: https://youtu.be/KdcpzV9Ex5Y
- We have a new expended distribution deal offer on ‘Darkest Night,’ a found footage in association horror film that was produced in the Philippines. I will keep you all up to date on new releases. It is my only found footage film and I play the male lead in the film. It was such a great project to film and promote and I made lifelong friends on that set.
- HOT ROD LOVE has assigned the first investor units and we are in discussions with several others. Also we’re starting talks with sponsors that will align their brands with this upcoming film.
- With the business developments on HOT ROD LOVE, we’re moving along nicely and so we’ve started our initial development meetings with our director Shane Hagedorn on cast and crew. Part of this is evaluation of past performance. In this situation most all our crew are up to task and very talented in their roles. What we’ve looking for is overall positive attitude and those that “play well with others,” respectfully and with some gratitude of how hard our job is. CDI is not some faceless corporation but a multi-generational company of artists who have built everything with blood, sweat and tears.
- I can say that one of the upcoming castings for this film will be for Native American actors. We have two co-stars we’ll be seeking. We’ve already been looking at several Native American comedians also. Do we have any Michigan based Native American actors and comedians? We are going to find out.
- FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH is about to sign our worldwide distribution deal. This wonderful and educational documentary is being hailed as the best of its kind. Once signed this week we’ll be directing our attention at the official premiere. For our enthusiastic director Curran Jacobs this has been a slow process but things take time. And the wait will be worth it and I think this will be the go to watch for all wrestlers and enthusiasts for many years to come. Better yet, the non-profit that produced this with CDI’s guidance will be helping many veteran programs and wrestling programs all across the country for many years to come.
- Here is another great article on our friend Don Most and the movie LOST HEART. Read here – https://bestlifeonline.com/ralph-malph-happy-days-don-most-now-news/ If you have not seen this film please do on Amazon Prime, Encourage TV and more!
- CDI’s performance video for the rock band DEEPFALL came out great and the band loved it. It was shot by Carl Weyant and Travis Hayward and Carl served also as director/editor. I think this is the first in a series of videos. As soon as the video is released we will share the link.
- CDI Commercial Division is also ramping up. In the past I’ve let several commercial opportunities go by as we wanted to focus on feature film. We have several production units and can use our expertise to pick the right creative team for your commercial endeavor.
- I hear rumor that the new BESTSELLER artwork is forthcoming. Our distributor DESKPOP ENTERTAINMENT will start presenting to licensors in March. I think now that the film is getting a full home video release that it will find a great international audience.
I’m going to wrap this up and prepare to take the dogs on a walk as we work to get them use to one another. Again I hope all of you have a great week at whatever you are working upon. Think of those having some hardships and be kind to one another. I might have one more coffee before heading out into the cold. But spring is coming you can feel it!