SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA Teaser Trailer Releases and MUCH more…
I want to welcome our gathering of new readers joining us from around the world. I give you all a big hazelnut coffee cheers. Thank you all for taking the time to join us.
Yesterday was the first absolutely beautiful day in Michigan. With temps reaching almost 80 degrees with flowers blooming, birds building nests and much-needed sunshine warming everything. I spent a good part of the morning with Luna, our new dog, unpacking our patio set. The deck now has the table, umbrella and chairs all set up. It is one of my favorite places to work on scripts and do business. But yesterday it was working in the yard all morning until getting cleaned up for a family bday dinner at a local Italian restaurant. After that it was back to all hang on the patio. Luna has been fascinated? obsessed? with you guessed it, squirrels. Yesterday as we all visited Luna decided to use a broken tree to try and escape the fenced in yard. She struggled with all her might and got her heavy load over the fence. She was quickly re-captured but I had to bust out the sledge hammer, axe and chainsaw – ending with securing the area with a higher heavy fence around the tree. She was a tired camper and while she was proud of her climb we hope it was a one time thing. I’m sure it was a first for her.
SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA – Let’s get right into the news of the hour. I’ll actually let you read it all right here.
Teaser Trailer PR Link: https://www.prlog.org/12914549-collective-development-inc-gives-audiences-silent-night-in-algona-first-look-teaser-trailer.html
Even before the PR hits next week I’ll fill you in on a few new updates
- The deal for the BluRay of KNIGHT CHILLS is done. For those not in the knowing, Knight Chills was CDI’s first movie shot on Beta back in the 90’s. It was a huge learning curve and the PG-13 thriller had Dungeons and Dragons like role playing at the heart of the story. Plans are for a streaming release and actively we have a video game in development. I’ve seen some of the test work and it is pretty amazing.
- I mentioned above that I’m excited to be sitting on the patio doing some writing. I’ve signed a deal to write my next adaptation of a book to screenplay and produce the film. Right now I’m ONLY concerned with writing a great script. It will likely film 2023 but pending it could be late 2022. I’m going to hold off on any details until the PR release but it is exciting to have a new writing project.
- FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH documentary is prepping deliverables and we’re still exploring where we want to premiere it. We are also looking at large premiere festivals so we’ll see. We are also discussing the next documentary film in our FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH series!
- In the next month of MAY 31st, we’ll be promoting the release of the CDI associated thriller BESTSELLER, which previously only had a DVD release. Deskpop Entertainment is releasing it worldwide and we are excited to see it launching.
- BEST YEARS GONE will be firing up its marketing campaign in the coming weeks with the film releasing JULY 5th! This film brought lots of laughter in the theatrical play and we’re excited to bring this fun romp to all of you.
- I hope you all had a chance this holiday season to watch THE QUEST TRILOGY, our unique take on these stories have been enjoyed by an ever-growing world audience. I met with Carl Weyant (The Christ Slayer) over a few new projects. We just finished a DEEPFALL music video that CDI produced and that he directed, shot (with Travis Hayward) and edited. Here is the music video link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtlc7GQvr70 – Carl and CDI have several projects in development including other music videos. Interested in a music video and have a budget, reach out to me.
- WILD FAITH and MAN’S BEST FRIEND look as though they might be heading to Peacock streaming. We’ve had major efforts underway to turn our highly popular Wild Faith into a TV series. When speaking about on-going stories I’ve had many people ask about the fate of ‘Paul Landings’ from MBF. Currently ‘Paul’ is serving time and will there be a second story, never say never, although there is no active development on that front.
- We’re about to make our push on HOT ROD LOVE, a female empowerment story in the world of drag racing in 1975. We’ve been preparing to approach our backers and sponsors. Prepare to start your engines!
- This past week we’ve been awaiting follow up materials from a few discussions on film collaborations. Many folks talk but don’t follow up properly mainly because they engaged in talks prematurely. But if things are delayed you should reach out to communicate that. One project was pitched and I was suppose to see materials last week, but they did not arrive. It reminds me of past film mixers of having your time dominated by someone who talks a good game but next presents any follow up materials. So they wasted my time talking about something not ready to roll. Casual conversation is fine but I’ve had an hour plus wasted in the past. So don’t go into things prematurely or unprepared.
- I do believe this coming week we’ll know the outcome of the BareBones International Film and Music Festival results. BEST YEARS GONE is up for ‘Best Comedy’ and there might be an opportunity for folks to watch a one time virtual showing. I will have to explore that more with our director Shane Hagedorn.
I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead. I’m excited to see how folks react to the first peek at SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA. We have another indoor soccer match this week after a close win last week. All of this is in preparation for our outdoor league. I plan to get more trees trimmed and other prep work that will give us a garden zen in a few short months. Cheers to more dreams, endeavors and doings. We had a few great wrap ups this week as we all worked very hard. We make it look easy at CDI but it’s really hard work. It looks easy because we’ve gotten more and more efficient with but it’s still hard work by lots of artists. We ask for people’s best and they give it. Thank you.
Be kind to one another! Coffee Cheers!
Hey DJ! Trailer looks great! My husband’s ears perked up in the next room. Came in and watched and now wants to see it. Yay!
On Sun, Apr 24, 2022 at 10:54 AM DJ Perry’s Official Blog ‘Clawing My Way
April 24, 2022 at 11:24 am