Good morning. I’m sipping the hazelnut coffee and enjoying sitting here with Finn and Daphne on this Sunday. I finally have just about everything from the BEST YEARS GONE shoot unpacked. I’m trying to use the older ‘classic mode’ on this WordPress.
The first in the CDI CLASSIC SERIES the Double Feature ‘Heaven’s Neighbors’ starring Aaron Jackson & DJ Perry and ‘Figure in the Forest‘ starring Dean Teaster and MaryJo Cuppone both directed by Jeff Kennedy! A GREAT CHRISTMAS GIFT! Click below to BUY:
We’ve just went through Thanksgiving which consisted of pie-drop off’s and goodie bags. We had our own little Thanksgiving and will be eating turkey leftovers for quite a while. We’ve also got the tree cut and put up in the house. We will likely do some decorating today. We also started on the outside which we do a little bit of decorating but we don’t go Chevy Chase with them. I’ve used this time to catch up on end-of-the year work.
LOST HEART – This movie is now popping up on DVD and streaming all over the marketplace. The EVENT showings on ENCOURAGE TV did great. We had tens of thousands of views and gained some attention for how we pulled it off in these trying times. We have new stories coming out in FORBES and THE LA TIMES. I will tune you all in to those when they hit. The other National PR on Huckabee and such was fun for our talent. I’m told Mike was a kind and generous man who really enjoyed our film. If you have not seen it yet I urge you to watch it with your family.
TUBI (Free with ads)
ENCOURAGE TV (Youtube)
Here are a few PR pieces
Watch with your family and leave us your thoughts on http://www.imdb.com (Lost Heart page) and amazon.com
I think the film is a wonder blend of heartfelt and humor with inspiring themes but not being overly heavy handed with the faith aspect.
BEST YEARS GONE – The ‘Gil Gilles’ mustache is gone but we have a hard drive full of scenes for the next CDI feature. We made an announcement last week that Nathaniel Nose has been brought on board as the film’s editor and VFX supervisor. I’m excited to have this film racing towards the finished edit. I had so much fun shooting this movie even with all the safety restrictions. We’re soon to start logo stamping a few stills and get that flowing. We will also be announcing more sponsors including UAS that we will feature this week.
THE QUEST TRILOGY (FORTY NIGHTS, CHASING THE STAR, THE CHRIST SLAYER) – For the holidays a new campaign is underway for our trilogy of films. Make it a family tradition to watch these three epic stories that shed some light into the dark corners. Watch the new promotional trailer and watch all three!
MBF: MAN’S BEST FRIEND
With nearly 700k views on ENCOURAGE TV alone the powerful ballad of Paul Landings is making its way into the marketplace. You can watch it free with ads here –
WILD FAITH is one of those special films that brought forth lovable characters and showed audiences a world that is a throwback. A throwback to a simple time in the late 1800’s. This film has been seen by millions worldwide and the idea that this could becoming a TV series is exciting. If the series is going to move forward we’ll know soon.
The most exciting part of all this development on ‘Hastings‘ is that I’ve finished writing season 1. Eight 44 min shows that once again follow the Murphy family as they continue life after the events of WILD FAITH. I’m so happy because all the captured magic of the film is there. The characters were established and so it was a joy to write them. Also because of breakdowns that need to happen and the fact that if I wrote the first season it would lay a nice foundation. Who knows? I might take a backseat to other writers in our circle for a second season but to have a chance of cameras rolling by March we needed “blueprints” which equals scripts. I’ve enjoyed the day of feeling accomplished and I’m ready to start allowing our CDI development team to look at the shows. My thought was do I put them all out there at once or one at a time? The goal would be to have the first season DONE by November for a Holiday 2021 roll out.
SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA (Development)
The back half of 2021 will be shooting this WW2 Christmas story that Mr. Rance Howard was my script consultant with. We had great conversations on WW2 and farming. He was suppose to play the grandfather but I’m sure he’ll be smiling from above.
We will start casting for our German leads so if you are German or can speak German please do reach out. We’ll also be looking for our young male lead. It is exciting to think of this beautiful “True story” to be filmed next year. We have a few units to still assign funding wise but already have commits. We’ll start the company early in 2021 and get that film prepped for an end of 2021 shoot!
FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH
We’re in talks to get our camera team back shooting more interviews on the west coast. Also editing of the doc itself will begin in earnest. This is a great CDI side project that puts a spot light on a great art/sport.
SMOKE & MIRRORS – Digital VFX work is underway and we’ll be also getting the credits done. From there we look forward to a 2021 roll out on this cool short film that we will look to expand into a feature. The short was taken from one of my feature scripts which I need to finish up.
I’m going to wrap this blog up so I can return to winterizing the yard and do some tree decoration. My goals for the next few weeks include DEVELOPMENT work, dispersement of moneys earned to investors and prepping end of year biz taxes. I’m so excited for 2021 and overall I feel as odd as 2020 has been – we pulled out a pair of big wins with LOST HEART release and BEST YEARS GONE into post. So enjoy this time with family and friends and get ready for the new year!
Good afternoon. By the time this gets posted it will likely be almost eve but better a tad late than never:) I’ve been coming down off an “acting high” from the current project we are working hard on. All I will say is “magic” and leave it at that.
I think what will best for me today is to do a TOP 10 updates
- The BYG ship is launched and sailing strong on the high seas. I’m so appreciative of the cast and crew and we will continue the strong tradition of storytelling:) Follow us at https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11808308/reference
- Today ‘Lost Heart‘ star Melissa Anschutz was on The 700 Club and will be on Mike Huckabee next week. https://www1.cbn.com/melissa-anchutz-produces-and-stars-lost-heart
- I haven’t watched this yet myself but here is an interview I did with my friend Isaac at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc8roA3CkN0 talking about the CDI films.
- If you have not downloaded the ENCOURAGE TV app please do. It will allow you to watch many of the CDI films streaming including the 2 night special event Nov 7th and 21st that will be LOST HEART with the EVENT premiere also! Thank you to Double JJ Resort again for all their help.
- I saw a sneak peak of the new trailer for THE QUEST TRILOGY campaign about to launch. It was so exciting to see all three of the films put together into one powerful trailer. Watch FORTY NIGHTS, CHASING THE STAR and THE CHRIST SLAYER with your family.
- In our national PR campaign this week we’re focusing on the amazingly talented Taylor Dupuis who played the young lead in LOST HEART. Also check out her music in her band Roanoke.
- Some very encouraging meetings have been happening regarding the TV series spin off from WILD FAITH. I have to put a few things together on our end but we have some strong interest and that is growing as our numbers keep climbing. If all goes well we will film 1st half of 2021.
- Once we wrap the current film project we’ll be also finalizing the funding on the WW2 project to be helmed by Anthony Hornus. That is a touch down the line but like everything else, it’s here before you know it.
- We recently gave out the deliciously scented sponsor candles from The Candleberry Company. If you have not explored this company and candles are your thing, check them out. Hmmm…honey is my favorite but I love many of them. Our cast and crew love them and look forward to them every time. If you want to expand your brand via sponsorship and/or production placement – reach out. https://www.candleberry.com
- I’m looking forward to a winter season of writing. One of my endeavors will be to finish SMOKE & MIRRORS. The short proof of concept piece will be done by the end of the year. VFX work is underway and I think people are really going to enjoy this tale directed by Nathaniel Nose director of The Christ Slayer.
I’ve landed back at home for a few days before off again but as I hinted at above – the current project is following the same path as previous. Get good, positive, hard-working artists attached to your story and you’ll create something special. I hope everyone is having a great start to their November. This will be the busiest month of my year followed closely by the October we just left behind. I’m looking forward to the holidays in whatever form this Covid environment allows. I’m going to unpack and unwind for a few and I’ll talk at all of you again next Monday.