Awards, Updates and the Rise of ‘AI’
Coffee cheers on a rainy Sunday morning in Michigan. We awoke to the rumble of thunder as a storm approached. I smiled because I had just put down additional clover seed and all the new plants will enjoy the passing rain. This past week was a wonderful mix of desk work and business calls while doing tasks in the yard. The start of prepping wood for next years winter has begun. I was also happy that I was able to get so much done even after my first soccer match of the season. We played the champs we dethroned last year. They beat us by one goal with us having multiple opportunities to take the lead but it was not meant to be. I LOVE that battle on the soccer field and after I was only mildly sore on day two from the amount of running. I trained for this season with the exception of running. I did cardio but wanted to save my knees for the season. My flat feet puts more pounding on the knees but I was really happy with the first game. As I’ve said before, playing is a great meditation too. For 90 minutes it is just teamwork with a singular goal. I’m just happy that I’m healthy enough to play and be competitive. I’m looking forward to our next game. We have many things underway with our film projects so let’s take a look at a few of the updates.
SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA – Last night the film which has been playing theatres since December 9th won the AWARD of ACHIEVEMENT at the 32nd Iowa Motion Picture Awards. Our Algona coordinator Donna Kitzinger was there to receive the award and I hope she had a grand time. The theatrical run will be coming to a close soon just as the film will be delivered to our distributor for worldwide licensing. The film going to home video (DVD/Streaming) will have enhanced audio and visual improving upon small things we noted in the theatrical version that we could tweak before millions around the world get to watch it over the upcoming holidays. Congrats to our director Anthony Hornus and the entire CDI Tribe of artists for their hard work. We might play a few more event festivals before we release to home video. I will keep everyone informed but we are looking to film in the Los Angeles area. We’ll know more this month.
HARSENS ISLAND REVENGE – Following our wonderful scout trips we’ve got things moving on all fronts with this next CDI film. Lodging and catering is being worked out and locations are starting to be locked down with location agreements. Casting and crewing is going great and we’re working to fill in the remaining parts. That will likely be completed at the end of the month. Our schedule is underway and we’ll be feeding the AD department some additional info to assist that effort. Once we know when our talent will be needed we will start to lock down their agreements. We’ll be rolling cameras in Sept/Oct and all this prep time will make things run very smooth.
(Sponsorships and Product Partners) I want to welcome our first sponsor UAS whose support helps us provide those extra added touches to our production. We’ll be announcing many more as we move forward. We tackle some very ambitious projects and could not do it without the community help and our supporters. If you want to align your brand with us and be seen by millions reach out and let’s see if we can make something work.
We’ll be doing some exciting new things with this film and I’m so excited to see this story materialize. We are working on the teaser poster and should have something shortly. Let’s look at some other updates.
- We are starting to have talks over the set up for a future TV series spin off of WILD FAITH. This film has been performing well on several platforms. On our distributors platform (Encourage TV – free with ads) the movie has been leading the pack. We all love this world and will see it return to the screen.
- IN ASSOCIATION – We have our third project that has come to the CDI table to be looked at for a possible “in association” project. In these situations the funding is there and they want the experience of the CDI Tribe to assist in making the film as powerful as it can be. I’m looking forward to a script read maybe today or another day this week. What TV network would you like to see WF: Hastings be at?
- In the next two weeks I need to pull together the final extra interviews for the KNIGHT CHILLS BluRay being mastered. I’ve had some additional talks on the development of the video game which could expand into a few video games for other CDI films.
- I’ve been working on narration for another audio book for which has been fun. I enjoy doing those from time to time and love when they add all the sound design and such to it. I will share when it is all completed.
- FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH and FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH 2: Battlefield – the documentary is finding its way to more platforms and we now have the foundation laid for the follow up sequel that will go more in-depth on the military’s involvement and the inclusion of Catch-Can into their hand-to-hand combat training. Director Curran Jacobs is working on his outline and we’re gathering support for the new endeavor. Again the Red, White & Blue Project Inc. will be the main company with CDI producing.
I’m sure I could muster a few additional updates but you get the picture. We’re working to bring some of the older films back into the spotlight and developing new content for the future. The wheel keeps turning. I smell bacon and beer pancakes so that means it is almost time to get some breakfast in the belly. The storm has passed and we might be able to get some outdoor work done yet. I’ve also been having fun assisting in the search for props for our next film. Above is a picture of me with one of them. Good find Dane DeFord. We’ve come a long way in phone technology.
One question I’ve been asked as of late is my take on AI or artificial intelligence in filmmaking. I don’t worry about it just like I don’t worry about other filmmakers. We have a unique storytelling ability and all our stories are special in their own presentation. I do think AI can assist on some areas of filmmaking. We welcome all aboard the CDI experience so even AI is cool with me. All good tools that we’ll learn to use in our work flow.
Until next week be good to one another.
Leave a Reply