(Daphne and Lulu)
I’m sitting back in my chair sipping a touch of coffee on a Monday morning. I first want to thank all our military vets for their service. It was a busy past week and this weekend was made even busier with travel. We went down south to visit a few elderly family members. They are down south in really nice assisted living homes. We got to visit, have an early Christmas for one who is doing really quite well even though they are in hospice. The other we celebrated an early birthday and what we made was some really happy memories. We stayed at the house of family in a basement full of beautiful antiques. The owner is a woodworker and so I got to see many great pieces including model cars and tractors all made of wood. We took our only dog Daphne with us on her final solo trip. She is not always the best car rider but had lots of fun once we were there. She is now sound asleep with her Lulu (our cat) who obviously missed her fierce. At the week’s end we’ll be bringing our new pack member home. We want to get a new puppy up to speed before I have to go off and film in the spring. The holidays allow us time to really bond and train a new puppy so this Friday a new little boy will be running about. He has had a few play dates to make sure the chemistry was good between the animals. While the cat Lulu might be a but stand-off at first, she was really into him.
“Hello, let me speak to Steven Spielberg, yes, I’ll hold”
This week we’re aggressively back into post and moving deals along. We did have a bit of a logjam threaten our work flow. It’s important to prioritize work flow properly. With Easter just around the corner we’re working full steam ahead to finish THE CHRIST SLAYER film. The color correction is underway. End credit works will continue. Sound design and music is being built each day. I plan to go out there for a few days to assist and give feedback. I hope to have theatrical roll out info this week to join the streaming, broadcast and DVD release. We’ll be doing a big PR release once I can confirm everything. The DVD artwork that the distributor is doing is just beautiful. I think I might be able to release a sneak peek here next week before revealing it in the PR release.
WILD FAITH – I’m waiting on some returned paperwork so I cannot announce our celebrity narrator but we recorded it last week. We’ll be announcing all the updates on this film in a PR release. Friday it went into evaluation with our theatrical partners to look at number of screens and regions. Our domestic deal is in the works and it’s really quite exciting. We’ll be delivering the film in Nov/Dec to BMG who will be distributing the film worldwide.
MBF: Man’s Best Friend has editing work being done on both the first trailer and the feature. It is looking great. I cannot wait for everyone to see the first look at our story of injured Marine Paul Landings.
(Above – DJ Perry as Paul Landings)
THE QUEST TRILOGY – We spoke early in this post about our third film THE CHRIST SLAYER that will be coming to audiences during the first of the year on the run up to Easter 2019. I do invite all of you to explore part 1 FORTY NIGHTS and part 2 CHASING THE STAR. Enjoy these two films with your family.
Our Spring film LOST HEART is being looked over by select talent. As any writer/producer a few of the roles were written with a talent in mind. So far the response has been strong. More on this as we travel down the development road towards production. I’m going to unpack from our trip and get after some of this work. I’ll leave you with a picture of our forthcoming new member of the pack.
Have a great week. Be good to one another.
So last week was productive but also a week of dealing with the major absence of one personality from our furry pack Luke. I had fires burning both outside and in the office via the wood-burning stove. With Daphne and Lulu close by I swept leaves and organized the packing of yard items. Luke use to love to lay in leaves and patches of sun moving several times during the day. Daphne and Lulu did this with a few random tossing of the little ball for a chase. I also this week got a few supplies for my next batch of wine using our wild grapes, hops, some mulberries and a touch of rhubarb. I also got the materials for making dark ale for the winter months. I want to thank you all for letting me talk on the personal last week. Those personal issues all play into our art and our motivation. This week I’m going to do a “Just the facts” post because I’m going to do more yard work later on this beautiful fall day. MSU pulled out a win yesterday but the Lions have a week off. Let’s look at some updates…
- I signed contracts on two stories I wrote for inclusion in an upcoming book on horses called THE HORSE OF MY DREAMS, by Revell Books. I want to thank Callie Smith Grant for inviting and accepting my two stories. It’s showing me another way to use my imagination and storytelling beyond just screenplay. It will be a print and electronic book releasing this fall and it might make an excellent Christmas gift.
- I finished my 1stofficial draft of LOST HEART. This screenplay will be our Spring 2018 film and the 1stof a new deal with BMG.
- I also had a meeting over CDI non-family/faith content that went good. They have interest in a Sci Fi script I’m working on and a few other properties. It is great when you have a good meeting. I’ve had a few go South because of people looking for leverage by kicking at the production value or looking for an angle. But this company is producing and releasing for some great A list production companies. I was treated as an equal and that is a good start.
- I also might be digging into writing on another biblical adventure this winter. I’m going to be having some discussions on that this week. I have been actively talking with literary representation because I would like to have a more streamlined process. I have screenplays I don’t plan to produce so I should sell them off. Many talent and their production companies are looking for strong content. I have to do a new literary resume as an intro to the work.
- There is interest in both WILD FAITH and THE CHRIST SLAYER for a studio backed limited theatrical release. Wild Faith will most likely get that on the way to our home video. We have a wonderful deal underway that includes an additional of a celebrity narrator to our film. The narrator is our “Henry” grown into a man, thinking back on this and perhaps many forthcoming tales. The TV series is a real possibility and if so I’m excited by the Michigan work.
- The Christ Slayer is in process of color correction set up. Also sound and music work progresses along with a little dialogue clean up. I hope we can get the studio-backed theatrical. It ‘s depending upon if the excusing of a HOLD BACK clause can happen. What that means is that our digital and on-demand is set up along with DVD release. There is usually a window of time given between theatrical and streaming. With the target holiday being Easter all these targeted release dates are being pushed together. The film is epic and emotional and I sincerely hope it gets the larger theatrical with the home video release.
- To tie into the above topic – our MBF: Man’s Best Friend film also has the early interest and I see this film also rolling into the theatrical deal. All these films were built upon a home video deal but now as our distributor rides into theatrical – we do also. It will be a true blessing to have these films brought to theatres all over the USA/world. We’ll just keep focusing on telling the stories. But I did see a rough 20 plus minutes of the film and it left me with a big smile. The final three scenes I watched included Greg Mason, Tim Abell and Jim Gruelich. I cannot say enough how thankful I am to be surrounded by such great artists. The movie is nowhere near the climax and the power in the scenes is just popping.
In summary – we’re also exploring other expansion with our website and merchandise. It is a time of wrapping up business and developing new business. Thank you for spending a few moments of your time here. Keep plugging away at your personal goals. Every step is a bit closer to your dreams. Have a great week ahead and don’t forget to enjoy the season!
First I want to welcome the new readers from Hong Kong and Singapore. It is a wonderful Sunday and I’m sipping coffee on this chilly morning. Yesterday I did a one-armed mow for the second time. The wrist in a splint and getting stronger each day. The flexibility will take a bit to return but happy it is healing well.
This week I’ll be watching a new visual work link of THE CHRIST SLAYER with most of the VFX inside. Sound design passes are done and we’ll keep refining plus ADR were required. We’ve been releasing new promo as we head into fall here getting prepared for a premiere, theatrical and home video release. Broadcast and digital will be 2/4/18 and DVD 3/4/18. Who is excited to see part 3 of THE QUEST TRILOGY? See part 1 FORTY NIGHTS and part 2 CHASING THE STAR to catch up.
CHASING THE STAR
Each one is a stand alone adventure but they also have parts that tie into an overall story. It will be fun to see who gets the stories that unfold throughout the three films.
This week had a good conversation with a prod/distribution studio over the series and we might be putting a few of the older titles down a new distribution channel. We’re working to put a narrator on the front and end of the film that would tie into the tv series. We’ve been working this hard so we can close this home video deal. But just like everywhere communication (or lack of) can slow things. But we’re close to wrapping this up and that will allow us to move forward. It will also move us as a company onto bigger and better things.
MBF: Man’s Best Friend
We’re still rolling out some official stills and this coming week our director and DP will be adding some pick up shots. The opening intro has been recorded and they’re working on that. We should have a first cut (edit) end of October and a locked picture in November. I’m excited that our film will be showcased on a new ANIMAL PLANET show called ‘Amanda to the Rescue’ this fall. Here is a story in PEOPLE magazine.
We hope to have the first teaser for you before Christmas:) Ho! Ho! Ho!
Development work is underway. If WILD FAITH had been all wrapped up with our narrator and to the distributor that would give some peace of mind. This deal is more complex because it sets the table for the TV series and more. I’ve been slowed in my personal life slightly with my wrist now out of the cast and in a splint for 3 more weeks. It is slowly getting stronger. Also our furry boy Luke has been undergoing cancer treatment since we were in pre-production on MBF. But I did use the time to prep one of the new scripts working with our distributor BMG. I finished the first draft and have been doing a fine polish. For me this is making it all flow – painting a picture in the mind of the readers. This helps when it comes to translating from page to screen. I’m still looking at a few other writing projects and talking with possible lit agents for a good fit.
I’ve been reading a few in-house scripts and looking at the options. If I can close up the WILD FAITH deal in good time I might look at a winter project but more likely will be spring project. LOST HEART – the script I’ve been polishing is looking like a fall 2019 project. I don’t want to rush it into production we know what happens when that happens. But with THE CHRIST SLAYER premiere and release and end-of-the-year business taxes, I will be busy. I like to take Thanksgiving through Jan. 1st for family activities. My goal is to have TCS ready to premiere by Thanksgiving.
Today I have family over for a cook out and a close friends Bday so I’m going to go get after a few things. I hope you all have a great finish to your weekend and a wonderful week ahead!
The hazelnut coffee sits beside me bringing my computer in my head online with each sip. I’ve been returning to action since returning from Burbank. So I’ve been trying to plan out my fall. I’ve been considering all options before us while moving ahead. We’ll be announcing a few exciting developments including a production deal.
Right now my focus is on finishing the distribution deal on WILD FAITH, which includes a developing TV series. As many of you know and we’ll expand upon in a PR release – we won ‘Best Faith Film’ at Burbank International Film Festival.
My next priority is the finishing and releasing of part 3 of THE QUEST TRILOGY entitled “The Christ Slayer”. This film is the final chapter in our biblical adventure series. I again play Jesus and this film has the most VFX to date. Bridgestone Multimedia Group has it marked as their flagship for Easter 2019. I’m very excited for audiences to experience this film. Director Nathaniel Nose has done a wonderful job with it and Dennis Therrian is composing an incredible score and doing sound design.
MBF: Man’s Best Friend is also in editing and will move into post music and sound design as The Christ Slayer exits post. We’ve been releasing official stills and a teaser will be released before Christmas.
I’ve also been writing a new script LOST HEART that I had intended to shoot this fall. But with the post schedule and my writing moving a tad slower because of the wrist (cast off now a splint for 30 days) – I think it may push to 2019. I want to do it right and that requires prep. But the script is still being worked and will likely be done this month. I just need to look at the entire slate and how we want to roll things out. Lots of moving pieces to consider. I think we might start doing a few table reads on possible scripts also.
Acting-wise I’m starting to feel the urge again to be in front of the camera. As always it has to be the right story. Outside the biz I’ve been enjoying the approaching fall. I’ve harvested hops and wild grapes for one of my new wines. We’ve got a few squash that will be a good addition to the dinner table. With no soccer today for me I’m going to try to put a one-handed mow on the yard. The wood stove might get a working tonight and so fire wood gathering and cutting will be more important in the coming weeks.
Enjoy the harvests in your life.
Welcome friends. It’s the labor day weekend and I’m doing some one-hand typing to update you all. I cracked my wrist in a soccer match and so my splint has been replaced by a cast. If all looks good next week it might be back to the splint for the last few weeks. It has given me a little insight to what it feels like to have a disability. I’m lucky because it will heal quickly. Others deal with a lifetime of hinderance but we do adapt quite quickly. Let’s look at some updates in our film world.
THE CHRIST SLAYER artwork is being worked on. I will be looking into interviews and initial theatrical set ups. I should also look into some BTS extras. It will be exciting to have all three of the trilogy films in the marketplace. Music and sound design is underway and color correction will start shortly.
WILD FAITH is going to play in Burbank, CA next Saturday Sept. 8th at 1:30pm at the AMC Burbank. We’re putting the pieces in play for the home video release and working towards the TV series. I’m looking forward to seeing many old friends and associates and meeting new ones. Please join us if you can.
MAN’S BEST FRIEND – editing is in full swing both on the film and first teaser. We’ve been sharing photos weekly on the Facebook page so feel free to join us each week. Also on this fine weekend if your thinking about adding a furry member to your family – adopt. Visit your local shelter and bring some love into your household.
I’ve been working hard on the script LOST HEART and I’m closing in on the final pages. I got to do a review on Friday and it’s really heartfelt and fun. Rich characters and all set in Northern Michigan. I would like to film this at the end of the year. Let’s see if the pieces fall into place.
I wish you all a safe and fun holiday weekend and a productive week ahead.
Thank you new readers/watchers – I appreciate you all. The wrist is still healing so video update again. Enjoy!