The sun is out on this 5th of May and I’m sipping some hot coffee and looking forward to reviewing the week. Let’s start outside of film. I put a first mow on the yard and did several improvements including to the new garden shed. Organization up in the office with the addition of a new shelf unit which I picked up at a sale by nuns. If you think the India market hagglers are tough try negotiating with a nun, or several of them. No. It was a fun 30 min and I left with a few neat items including two shelf units. I had my first soccer match in the new 40+ league and despite the rain had fun game. We lost when our goalkeeper broke his hand early in the game. My childhood love of Chewbacca was well known and it sadden me to hear that Peter Mayhew, the actor passed away. I had him attend a screening of a comedic fan film “Unconventional” some years ago. That was more exciting for me than meeting Will Smith or any number of celebrity encounters. RIP.
Onto the film updates. I’m getting reports that THE CHRIST SLAYER which just played the ICFF in Orlando, nominated for…
WON runner up for Best Film. I’m curious what won because it must be an awesome film. But congrats to all the nominated films and winners. I wanted to win ‘Most Inspirational’ and round out the trifecta since we won that award for FORTY NIGHTS and CHASING THE STAR. I’m happy that audiences in Orlando got to watch the film – thank you to ICFF. Now I hope that you all can find a series of nights or a marathon day to watch all three films in the trilogy.
WILD FAITH – the domestic home video run is exploding. A simple google will find various sources to stream or purchase the DVD. Amazon is now taking pre-orders
I know many of you have waiting to see this film. Make the effort to see this film and you won’t be disappointed.
MBF: Man’s Best Friend – This powerful film will be evaluated on Friday as a work in progress with our theatrical distributor. We’ve done a first pass on sound design and the dialog has all been balanced. VFX and color correction is underway and we are to deliver on June 30th. I think the screening is just a formality before their marketing team can dig in. The artists doesn’t want to show a work-in-progress but the business is that it will help the film. It speeds up the timelines and should allow for a stronger release. With both The Christ Slayer and Wild Faith, both films already had the domestic home video set up so the theatrical had to work around that. With MBF and upcoming LOST HEART we want to work them into the mix proper like.
Speaking of our next project LOST HEART, we are just three small steps from moving into official pre-production. Also my talks with one of our targeted co-stars went great and once we move into pre-production, we’ll secure her schedule with an offer. I’m so excited about the film and it looks like camera roll in July is becoming the real possibility. If we have a good week we could be moving officially into pre-production.
Other things of interest this week include on-going talks on representation for acting and writing with some production opportunities mixed in. I did get an offer recently on a film but thought it best to do a polite pass. You have to appreciate anyone who approaches wanting to secure your artistic talent. While the role could be another film and residual check, the role didn’t grab me. I don’t do projects unless I connect with the material and the role. I see people who accept things that maybe they should have said no too. You will be defined by what you say NO to. I do hope to work with this particular outfit just on a different project with a character I can truly get behind.
Today will be some prep for the week ahead. We are also going to prepare something Mexican (food) to celebrate the Cinco de Mayo day. I hope each and every one of you have a great day and productive week ahead.
Be good to one another.
Top of the morning to you all on this frosty, spring-like Michigan day. It is also St. Patrick’s Day and being that I’m largely Scot/Irish I’ll be toasting to your health today.
“May you have all the happiness
and luck that life can hold—
And at the end of all your rainbows
may you find a pot of gold.”
My college alumni team Michigan State University advances in their Big 10 Championship and will play U of M today. Go Green!
I also subbed in for the last indoor soccer game last week with my new team. Nice guys and I look forward to a fun season. It was good to run the engine hard and get those running legs working again.
(He WAS so small — about 50lbs and growing)
My little boy Finn is growing like a weed and giving us joy every day. Now the ice tundra is leaving us we can enjoy a lot more yard time. I especially enjoy the outdoor meetings at the fort that includes dart playing.
Today we will have the mother’s over for corn beef and cabbage and I’ll be drinking a few PB&J Porters from my friends at Elk Brewery in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
To the film updates…how about a TOP TEN for the BIG TEN tournament today.
(Mr. Trace Adkins)
- The cat is out of the bag (what a bad saying) Mr. Trace Adkins has joined our WILD FAITH movie endeavor. You can read about it here. https://www.prlog.org/12759600-country-music-stalwart-trace-adkins-joins-collective-development-incorporateds-wild-faith.html
- The first of the theatrical screenings announced in Grand Rapids, MI – Get your tickets here. This is remastered and should be a great viewing experience. https://celebrationcinema.com/film-info/woodland-mall/wild-faith
- May 6th is the WILD FAITH DVD release and I’m hearing in Walmart in June or July. Did I tell you how much I love the cover art? I do.
- We have just gotten word on The Christ Slayer that will be showing at the International Christian Film Festival. We’ve been nominated for 4 awards that we’ll PR this week. 1) Most Inspirational 2) Best Film 3) Best Director (Nathaniel Nose) and 4) Best Supporting Actress Melissa Anschutz – I’m super proud of our cast and crew. DVD and Streaming available now – in theaters starting April 19th.
- Upcoming director of LOST HEART Jesse Low and I are so close to a final script. I have a review once I finish this blog. It is really fun script – emotional and funny.
- LOST HEART Location scouting and vendor talks continue while our producers work to lock in the final investments. Northern Michigan is such a beautiful place. It will be great to have it in front of our cameras.
- Also with LOST HEART we’ll be announcing the addition of two knuckleheads to the cast, Mr. Shane Hagedorn and some guy, DJ Perry:) We’ll both be playing supporting players in this fine story.
- MBF: Man’s Best Friend has a locked picture edit and is moving into sound and music with Dennis Therrian. The story is really moving and I’m thrilled by the final story.
- Once MBF is moved over to sound the final VFX and Color Correction work will begin. Once that is complete we will cut a new trailer from the edited and color corrected footage.
- Last week I recorded two commercial voice over pieces. It went great and I hope the client is happy. I know the director was so we’ll see. Again, feel free to approach me with a project just come with an offer. This is not a hobby for me it is how we put bread on the table and wine in the glass. (Actually I make wine)
(Looking ahead to the new roles)
I’m going to wrap this up so I can refill the coffee cup and get to my LOST HEART review. Have a great end to your weekend. Be safe and have a productive week ahead.