Milestones, New Releases and Forthcoming Films
Good Monday morning! Coffee cheers. I’m sitting here by the fire taking this moment to catch you all up on the events of last week. This is coming a day late because we were traveling this past weekend location scouting on HARSENS ISLAND REVENGE. Read all about it here-
It is always about finding the right locations and also being able to house a small army. We found many cool locations that will work really well. Now, it is about trying to make the logistics work. We’ve also been looking at various people to creatively lead this endeavor. I think we might be close to a decision on that front. So many various factors, but luckily we have a good amount of prep time to really make this project the best it can be.
Let’s look at some of the other great updates from last week.
- FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH is now out on Amazon Prime streaming and pre-orders for the DVD. I will note here that it will likely only be available in the US/Canada until foreign licensing deals are completed. Here is the STREAMING link: https://www.amazon.com/Love-Catch-Curran-Jacobs/dp/B0B66675TF/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2AEIBFJZ378AE&keywords=for+the+love+of+catch&qid=1666013447&s=movies-tv&sprefix=%2Cdvd%2C257&sr=1-1
- FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH dvd pre-order (releases 11/01/2022) order here: https://www.amazon.com/Love-Catch-DVD-Curran-Jacobs/dp/B0BH96VCDX/ref=sr_1_1?crid=27FM530ET1NRL&keywords=for+the+love+of+catch+DVD&qid=1666013557&s=movies-tv&sprefix=for+the+love+of+catch+dvd%2Cmovies-tv%2C81&sr=1-1
3) SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA – We have one last big release this year. This week we’ll be working on setting up the MI premiere showing (targeting Dec 17th timeframe) likely at the NCG Theatre in our director Anthony Hornus home town. But before that we’re looking at the Iowa premiere. We’ll be sending out a communication to see if any of the out of state cast or crew plan to travel in to Iowa. Most will likely wait for the MI premiere. But for the Iowa folks we are soon to announce the initial Iowa premiere with a theatrical run that will follow. The first draft of the German translation came in. The credit lists are being put together. There is always that person with bad handwriting or a sincere mistake whereas a name is forgotten or misspelled. We try to NOT have this happen but usually we have a couple every film because of so many people. The new theatrical trailer is also being worked upon. I’ll be checking on that progress along with music and sound. I’m so excited to show the world this film. It will play theaters into 2023 and it will roll out to home video later in 2023.
4) WILD FAITH: Hastings still might find the right partners for season one. The film WILD FAITH reached a milestone on Encourage TV passing 6 million views. With 20 million plus overall views in 2020, I’m curious what our overall is. We’ve also added NBC/Peacock to our distribution partners. I’ve got reports of it playing on TV in several places. Thank you to all the fans who have made this film a favorite. WATCH IT HERE: https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B07QBJ6VPX/ref=atv_dp_cnc_1_1
5) My writing on SPIRIT LAKE MASSACRE, has been going great. I’m about a third of the way through my first draft. I’m really loving how its all coming together. It is going to be a powerful story to bring to the screen for sure. I’m looking forward to getting many more scenes written this week.
6) Even more nice notes on SMOKE & MIRRORS, a short concept film we released for free to our fans at CDI. Take a watch, perfect for the season. WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qcobe1eng0&feature=emb_logo
7) Speaking of great films for the fall season here is another, BESTSELLER (Rated R for language ands intensity) WATCH HERE: https://www.amazon.com/Bestseller-Melissa-Anschutz/dp/B09YH7X3RY/ref=sr_1_7?crid=37AI5S5XFR8XI&keywords=Bestseller&qid=1666015806&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIxLjAzIiwicXNhIjoiMC44MyIsInFzcCI6IjEuNjUifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=bestselle%2Caps%2C178&sr=8-7
8) If scary isn’t your bag but you still love the fall films we have several more. BEST YEARS GONE was shot this time of year. I had some great fan mail on this movie over the weekend. Take a watch and see if you agree that it is one fun ride! WATCH HERE: https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B09R4KDXGJ/ref=atv_dp_cnc_2_1
9) LOST HEART is a fall favorite with fans of the CDI films. It can also be found on some platforms as BIGFOOT, UFOS and JESUS. You can WATCH IT HERE: https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B08LNX9N2L/ref=atv_dp_cnc_0_0
10) MANS BEST FRIEND – This film with a focus on out veterans and dogs, continues to grow an amazing audience. I got to meet more fans recently of this powerful film. As it gets cold and you’re forced inside, check this film out. WATCH HERE: https://www.amazon.com/MBF-Mans-Friend-DJ-Perry/dp/B07XFZRYYS/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2S3KB5EYUF2I1&keywords=mbf+mans+best+friend&qid=1666016440&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIwLjQ3IiwicXNhIjoiMC45MiIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&s=instant-video&sprefix=MBF+%2Cinstant-video%2C99&sr=1-1
I’m excited to get at the week of work. I’ve almost unpacked from the scouting weekend. I’ve got a series of calls and emails and after I hope to get some good screenwriting in. The morning coffee is now done and I’m going to get on with the week. If you watch or have watched any of the TribeCDI films please do leave a review on http://www.imdb.com and/or the Amazon reviews. I just fueled up on venison steak and our eggs and now I’m ready. I hope you all have an amazing week and I’ll chat with you all again on Sunday.
Whirlwind of Activity- Ride the Synergy
It’s the beautiful eve of July 9th and it has been a busy yet enjoyable week. We launched right off July 4th, into the July 5th home video launch of BEST YEARS GONE. It is making its way into living rooms across the country. I’ve had people send pics of their DVD either purchased online or I’m told certain Walmarts. Like the cool ones:) I really enjoyed hearing the laughter in the showings of the theatrical run. It is why we charted a course with another comedy HOT ROD LOVE, gunning to film this fall. If you take a watch and have yourself a few good laughs, leave us an amazon or imdb.com review. I enjoyed some many aspects of this film and I truly did a few firsts in this film. You will have to watch to find out.
Via some little promo videos we’ve gotten to know some of the cast and their characters. So far we’ve gotten to watch Dean Teaster and Erika Hoveland.
This week I think we’ll be seeing the twins and others talking about their experience. So to all those taking their watch this first weekend, thank you.
I’m trying to make arrangements to break away Saturday for a few hours to come tour the convention and watch the festival premiere of SMOKE & MIRRORS. (Sat. July 30th) I’ve never been to the festival, this will be my first. I’ve heard good things about it over the years. I’m actually going to return to my revamp of the feature script after we shot the short concept film. I love how it came out and really painted a stronger visual in my head for the new version of the script.
I’m happy to say that my previous writing project is complete. I’m so excited about CDI telling that story next year. It’s called HARSENS ISLAND REVENGE, and it will have CDI storytelling in the roaring 20’s. We have some advance location scouting underway but this will just be some early development work. I have had the pleasure of living in my imagination in the post WW1 world for several weeks. Again, a great time period for the CDI artists to story tell within.
Currently, our WW2 Christmas story SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA, is marching towards a locked picture. We’re close to a director/editor cut review. Any suggestions will be made and a final edit pass will be made before we lock it up. From there it will be to Dennis Therrian and post production work. He’s already playing with arrangements and building his sound FX library. A new poster version is almost complete and discussions on the theatrical trailer have begun. We released a cool video last week of the model building. We’ll be showing more of the VFX work in the weeks to come.
BESTSELLER, our mystery thriller, released May 31st – I’ve had some fans of the film comment on the “masterful mood” that it invokes and the “unexpected intensity” on display. I don’t want to give anything away on this one but if you like the hair-tingling, heart-thumping, edge-of-your-seat movie rides, this might be for you.
I’ve had a noticeable amount of fan mail increase on MAN’S BEST FRIEND and WILD FAITH, telling me the NBC Peacock Streaming crowd have joined the viewing audience. It’s an honor and we do hope their audiences will get to watch more TribeCDI films. To answer a few questions I received-
“Yes. I was a martial artist before I was a professional actor. That scene in MBF was a thrill, to finally showcase some fighting arts. The actors I worked opposite off did a great job. I’m proud of that scene. ” (Man’s Best Friend)
“No I’m not a method actor to the point that ‘Ben Lily’ actually manitou’d in his buckskins. Note: In the film, Ben, is an idiot, and isn’t using the word ‘manitou’ properly. (Wild Faith)
THE QUEST TRILOGY – I’m excited to be working on a new way to present the trilogy during the holidays. Having someone intro each of the films and talk a little about each one. I also had a good development talk with one of our past backers and they want to reengage on some additional biblical stories. I have a few great one’s on deck- another trilogy perhaps?:)
LOST HEART – One of our co-stars in this movie got complimented strongly by their peers while at a signing convention. By peers I mean, other legends. It was nice to hear that they really enjoyed it. That’s how our circle usually gets larger because friends of friends, become fans the stories and want to explore participation if a certain story calls for it. We are working on some new marketing angles for this film and its alter ego, BIGFOOT, UFOS and JESUS.
I made some progress in pulling deliverables for a slate of films from the CDI vaults that will be making its way out via Deskpop Entertainment and BMG. I also have been exploring some additional business in audio books having enjoyed the process on the series of audio books by author/musician Ronnie Lee.
For the Love of Catch – we’re still waiting to hear from the targeted festival, Toronto. We are also awaiting home video release dates from Deskpop Entertainment. I’m waiting word on several endeavors and we’re all excited but trying to have patience. It can be hard, but just like the long anticipated releases, the day will come.
We had the week off from soccer for the holiday week. We’ve been having berry explosion here in the yard. That means fresh berries on everything and I eat 60-100 mulberries a day off the trees. We have wild squash and pumpkins from the garden days growing strong. My hops are growing mighty – just a great year for all the plants! The chickens have been roaming again now that the bird flu subsided. They LOVE the mulberries. But so does the wild birds, squirrels and everything else. Blueberries are new this year as it takes a few years for them to start kicking fruit.
I’ve been putting this together tonight because tomorrow is a full day with a morning flea market and my dad’s bday dinner later in the day. (It was on the 8th) But, I’ve enjoyed the vibe of this cool summer night catching up with all of you. I hope you have a productive week. I have several meetings as per normal, but will also be attending the 4H auction where we get our pork for the year. I hope you’re all having a good balance in your day to day of fun and productive. Life is about the journey, not just the destination. Thank you to everyone who has been reaching out. I appreciate you all. Have a great night. A peaceful Sunday and a week of achieving goals.
Coffee Cheers, (In the morning)
Happy 4th of JULY, 2022- Weekend: BEST YEARS GONE Home Video Premiere and More…
Good morning, hazelnut cheers and thank you to all the new international readers from S. Korea, Ireland, China, UK, Brazil and more. Here is the USA we’re about to celebrate our independence day (July 4th) from the good ole UK. I’ve been super busy on many fronts but I’ve been able to balance it with some wonderful nature. For my recent bday I got some large wind chimes that go nicely with the sounds of the water fountain. (A 50th Bday gift) The plants have all been watered and the dogs tended to. The chickens are enjoying the morning clucking about. The hops, berries (mulberry, raspberry and blueberries) have been exploding. The apple trees are doing pretty good. One of them struggled a bit with the past heat and seems to be doing better now. Let’s go ahead and get into the news.
BEST YEARS GONE – This movie was made during the hardest time of the pandemic and brought our cast and crew much joy. We saw the film bring much laughter and a few tears in the limited theatrical run. The theaters were still trying to get back on their feet during that time. But now, on JULY 5th in two short days you will be able to buy the DVD or stream it. Amazon, Best Buy, Vudu and so on. Just google us up or follow the Facebook site for updates. One of the first major reviews was by Film Threat, link below.
You never know how the mass market will take any film, but they seemed to really like it and we think you will too. I also want to acknowledge the praise they gave me but say that if I did not have the awesome cast around me, the film doesn’t work. I love the music (Dennis Therrian) with added songs by various great bands including our BATTLE OF THE BANDS winner Vertical Bridge!
Watch the music video here –
IF you decide to take a watch visit our page at http://www.imdb.com and you can VOTE for your self and leave your own review.
LOOKING FOR A DOUBLE FEATURE or something to watch tonight/tomorrow on the run up to our release?
BESTSELLER, a spooky thriller just released on May 31st. Melissa Anschutz leads a great cast with myself, Ralph Lister, Terence Knox, Lana Wood and more…
Read about it here –
Watch it here!
These two films releasing is very exciting and represents a lotta hard work by our artists but we’ve got so much more happening.
- The first festival that invited SMOKE & MIRRORS was Michigan’s own MOTOR CITY NIGHTMARES. It is a weekend of convention fun, celebrity signings (I was asked but, no I’m not doing any official signings, but if you track me down with a pen I will and the cost – ZERO:) You cannot ala carte the screenings so the cost might be too costly if planning to just go see the 16-17 min film. We play at like 5:20 in a block and I plan to try and arrive at 5pm. I’m solo with the dogs so I’ll be just doing a 6-7 hour trip with drive time of 45 min or so to Novi. I think they have a party but it’s later in the eve so the post party will likely be back at home:) But this short film is so much fun. We filmed this concept film taken from one of my feature scripts in one day as part of a commercial project. It will likely play a few more venues this year so join the Facebook page and make sure to catch it where you can. David Gries and Melissa Anschutz and brilliant in the film and it has some fun supporting characters. I just might play one of them but if turn of the century/steampunk is your jam, this might be for you. July 30th! NOVI! MOTOR CITY NIGHTMARES.
- I will also note being from Lansing, MI that another fine artist/filmmaker, Michael McCallum/Rebel Pictures, has two short films playing right after SMOKE & MIRRORS. One is CHOICES and one is PHOTALGIA. So if you are watching our film you can stay a few and watch a couple other films. I’m sure the entire day has some great films to watch.
- SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA, the rough cut is done and our director has been feeding notes back to our editor. We’ll review the rough cut with our director changes soon and by months end will have a locked picture. Here is a great video showing some of the VFX/model work being done. WATCH THE VIDEO here – https://fb.watch/e1nJ7CbDvg/
- We also have a new SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA poster being worked on and the new theatrical trailer work will be starting soon. We are looking to have the first showing in Algona on Dec 10th if everything stays according to plan.
- FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH has made the final fixes and tweaks working with Deskpop Entertainment on quality control. We should have our home video release dates soon and by next month (Aug 3rd) we should know about the TORONTO FILM FESTIVAL.
- I’ve finished the first draft of HARSENS ISLAND REVENGE, slated to shoot in 2023. I have my producers taking a read and if all comes back good without any problem areas to clarify it will go to the publisher. WW1 Veterans vs The Purple Gang during the prohibition. But this is what I call passive pre-production. It has committed funds but doesn’t shoot until later next year because of the script/story.
- HOT ROD LOVE, is in active development – and reunites director Shane Hagedorn and Director of Photography, Travis Hayward from BEST YEARS GONE. We are in talks on an amazing attachment that true fans of drag racing will love. Also a few amazing sponsors are being courted so with a little bit of hard work and some final commits we will look to film in October 2022, in a few short months.
- HASTINGS, the developing Wild Faith TV series spin off had more productive discussions this week. WILD FAITH, which just released with MAN’S BEST FRIEND to PeacockTV which could assist in the ordering up of the first season. We’ll see. We have several parties in talks and something will give. It is nearing 6 million viewers on just our distributor’s platform ENCOURAGE TV. Many of the CDI films can be seen here free with ads.
- I’ve noted that our Civil War film WICKED SPRING, now presented in HD is getting love on Amazon and the platforms it plays on. This film is 22 years old and still getting new audiences yearly. I know many classrooms that have used the film as a teaching aide. If you want to watch something about America’s history this might be for you.
- We’re working hard to plan and fund the next several years of CDI films. We are having some good traction in that department but I will wait as always to the ink is dry. I don’t do the mysterious teases on social media for hype. Okay, maybe once in a great while but I like keeping the cards close until we show our hand. Four Aces:)
I’ve just finished some eggs and toast and I’m going to do a few tasks around the yard. A short trip to the store to take back empties from our meetings. And I plan to fire up the grill today and tomorrow. Maybe even bottle up the HOPPY GRAPE APE wine. I have a beer mix up next which I will put into motion for this fall. As I’ve said before, I might even do another go on the hard cider. Next week we’ll be attending the 4H where we assist young people in their college studies by purchasing their livestock. That and the venison make up most of the meat eating around here.
After a loss, our soccer team was back in form last week in a hard fought victory. My body has adapted to the hardships of the weekly battles, and now only experiences some mild stiffness versus the first quarter of the season where I felt like I was hit by a truck weekly. Whatever your outdoor activity is, get out there and do it. I’m going to end this here and go get a few things down in the yard. Have a safe 4th of July weekend. I hope you hit the ground running next week and get things done. Coffee Cheers until next week.