Sipping the hazelnut coffee on this fine October morning. We have had a last spurt of warm and midweek it is suppose to go chilly again. Yesterday, I got my final mow on the yard. We harvested the last of the plants including a few more decorative gourds. I’ve been cutting and splitting wood for the winter ahead. Yesterday afternoon we got to have a nice outside fall gathering with my brother and his family. Pumpkin carving, apple crisp, cider and soccer plus add in a bit of leaf fun. I love this season!
Our development of the film projects continues on. Let’s look at a few of the updates from last week.
- FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH – is a wonderful feature length doc that fills in the missing history of this grappling art. The response has been overwhelmingly positive. It was presented by the leading authorities in such an entertaining way. The DVD is open to pre-order now for a Nov 1st release and/or you can rent/buy it now. https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/amzn1.dv.gti.3bc38d35-d79e-49e9-82a6-e87ff63b4040?autoplay=0&ref_=atv_cf_strg_wb
- BEST YEARS GONE is another release from this year. An award winning dramedy that will make you laugh, cry and ponder. You can buy/rent from here – https://www.amazon.com/Best-Years-Gone-Lana-Wood/dp/B09R4KDXGJ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2JUJIK4KVPU9K&keywords=best+years+gone&qid=1666530725&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIxLjIzIiwicXNhIjoiMC45OSIsInFzcCI6IjEuMjUifQ%3D%3D&s=instant-video&sprefix=best+years+gone%2Cinstant-video%2C118&sr=1-1 – And…if you want to read an in-depth review, you can do so here – https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fronnielee.rocks%2Fbest-years-gone-movie-review-by-ronnie-lee%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR1AL4lf8DCIxzPwRgU-0p4je7kNIFHj1KfKNw0avyDR25NjxRbbRkvawvM&h=AT0-ucPZlOsNalVICvt7_1cyBe5Gh38thIaNrYSscZu5PfJ70KPxjGT2vokU2piIUPgdERcaa3G2t1PFyH1CpyLmJpbn6c-l00Dv0qMxMNVs3vxrnDIUbiH4CmtNVUP-wVieTKcYrnFuQcaf1SQufAg&tn=H-R&c=AT3LjCNz1EGR425orlMSHaN9h6RT070C39M9yk8LNKiwmb8xkHJ-aw1wuBh55Vu6UebSWPuIOzGWKGvAs1kKXmjL3gsizF9MOoNfAChhLVI9r8o5LkYvVlMzXhTf-aEQ_wsBEqsiKqbs1ySEMZXHpocAEHuNgyPWmrpbF0Xlme0Q-rNUmz6gfir3gikxLQqgJW3Llr1VjV90qkC9YRZs6moJ – We look forward to your reviews too!
- SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA – This is the last project for us to finish and release this year. We’ve sent an email to our cast and crew asking any of the team planning to attend the Dec 9th Fridley Theatre premiere in Algona, Iowa to RSVP by Nov 1st. We’ve got a list going and every ticket will be gone. Once we get RSVP’s on cast and crew we will start looking at extras. For those not part of the Iowa premiere – it will play to the public that night and for two plus weeks pending demand. We will also be setting up a Michigan premiere in the hometown of our director Anthony Hornus. This will be at the NCG theatre in Owosso. We might play the week after the Iowa or jump to after Christmas if we get too close. I know Celebration Cinema will be bringing it to Lansing and Grand Rapids. We will be looking to play the Detroit area and would love to have a Hollywood run. The film is looking and sounding amazing thanks to the hard work of Dennis Therrian. The VFX and color grading is getting close to done. Mid November we’ll be pulling all the elements together into a final film. Some exciting news, I saw the rough cut of the new trailer on Friday. I am so proud of all are artists and cannot wait for people to see.
- HARSENS ISLAND REVENGE – I’m so very excited that the #TribeCDI will be moving from one epic period piece to another. We have been preparing documents to assist in bringing onboard our product partners and sponsors. Our scouting trip was very successful last week. While a few days may be shot on the actual island we need interiors and such that we can control. We also need to not be dependent on a ferry or the few stores on a small island. So movie magic will be happening but it will all be shot in Michigan. We had some great meetings this last week and we’ll be making some exciting announcements soon. One of those exciting announcements just might be our director. I will be starting the writer/director script polish this week. Once I sign off it is up to the director and talent. We will be shooting in October of 2023! We are already hard at work.
- SPIRIT LAKE MASSACRE is in script development. I am happy to say that I’m about 1/3 of the way through the first draft. There is a lot of research with this project and that is something I’ve immensely enjoyed. It has been an intense journey and the drama of it all is brutal and enlightening. I’ve had several times that after writing for a few hours I had to go work my hands in the dirt for a while. I will have my first draft by Jan 1st and from there we will start to look at production development.
- WILD FAITH just passed the 6 million mark on Encourage TV. This will can be found on countless platforms to enjoy. We have many fall themed films from SMOKE & MIRRORS, BESTSELLER, LOST HEART, BEST YEARS GONE and MBF: MAN’S BEST FRIEND. Enjoy them all with your family! Thank you for all the fan mail about these titles! Amazon Prime has most all of them.
- I had a great call out of the blue about another film project. This call took me back almost to the very beginning. A project that was in development many moons ago has interest and a proposed budget. This film is in the horror-genre with a large dose of mystery/investigation at the heart. Discussions were on how things have changed in the 25-30 years production-wise. I gave my interest in moving these talks forward. It takes time to develop things so the earlier you can start the better. More on this project if it becomes active. By active, I mean funded:)
- That is not the only project that was discussed in development this week. Following the release of FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH, our team is discussing both another doc feature and a feature film. In the wake of projects I always get a rush of pitches on scripts and projects. I tell my tribal folks to be ready for this rush. It can be a time killer 95% of the time. People are wanting badly in this industry and it can be truly maddening. Every outsider is a variable that can rock the boat. It is why we are so careful with how we build our projects and with whom. Life is too short to be wasting time. If you have a funded project we might look at it but we are at no lack of stories, scripts or endeavors. I can say with confidence that we’ll be doing more docs in the FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH series. Thank you to everyone who has supported the first one. It is really powerful and informative and I’m proud of it. Take a watch!
- This week I’m going to be sending KNIGHT CHILLS materials off to the Blu-Ray folks and check on the up-rez and progress on the new Ghost Town trailer. Both should be available next year as HD and streaming. After those get underway we will be working on FIGURE IN THE FOREST and AN ORDINARY KILLER. Classics:)
- PONDERING/TIPS/OPINION – This week was interesting due to various conversations. As we start the process of looking towards future projects, sometimes as far ahead as two or three projects, we examine ENERGY. Positive energy manifests in how people are in their day-to-day. There are people who are just always a joy to be around. They make a journey enjoyable. They are CAN DO people not CANNOT do people. They look at the glass half FULL versus half EMPTY. They work hard and EARN the opportunities, by giving their BEST EFFORT. I laugh to myself when I hear some people think they’ve paid enough dues and they are deserving of….it would be like a martial artist telling the sensei when they feel ready to test for a belt. These positive people don’t seek short cuts or to get ahead by stepping on others. That is a VERY common thing is the outside world for sure. While common there, it doesn’t thrive here at CDI. Some people are just not cut out for long form media like movies. They do better with smaller, simple short format endeavors. Or they cannot positively interact with people for that many weeks. I heard someone else make a statement that they will deal with whatever for the sake of using some artists, even if they are negative and a pain. They can have them! I will take a positive, good person with talent and develop that versus drag some negative person along. It is about the journey and not just the art. Ideally you want both but the journey will be long remembered. So work with good people you like. Develop the people who respect and have gratitude for the opportunity. We have big things ahead and so we want to develop our team even stronger. Lots of things happening behind the scenes. Just be that person that producers want to have on board.
I want thank everyone again for stopping by. Subscribe here and perhaps our website http://www.cdiproductions.com and our CDI Youtube channel. I love that you all come from various places around the globe. I’m going to finish up here and do a few more things around the yard and get ready for a busy week ahead. I hope you take all these updates as an inspiration of what a group of artists can achieve when they work together in a positive manner. Have a great week and be good to one another!
Good Monday morning! Coffee cheers. I’m sitting here by the fire taking this moment to catch you all up on the events of last week. This is coming a day late because we were traveling this past weekend location scouting on HARSENS ISLAND REVENGE. Read all about it here-
It is always about finding the right locations and also being able to house a small army. We found many cool locations that will work really well. Now, it is about trying to make the logistics work. We’ve also been looking at various people to creatively lead this endeavor. I think we might be close to a decision on that front. So many various factors, but luckily we have a good amount of prep time to really make this project the best it can be.
Let’s look at some of the other great updates from last week.
- FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH is now out on Amazon Prime streaming and pre-orders for the DVD. I will note here that it will likely only be available in the US/Canada until foreign licensing deals are completed. Here is the STREAMING link: https://www.amazon.com/Love-Catch-Curran-Jacobs/dp/B0B66675TF/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2AEIBFJZ378AE&keywords=for+the+love+of+catch&qid=1666013447&s=movies-tv&sprefix=%2Cdvd%2C257&sr=1-1
- FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH dvd pre-order (releases 11/01/2022) order here: https://www.amazon.com/Love-Catch-DVD-Curran-Jacobs/dp/B0BH96VCDX/ref=sr_1_1?crid=27FM530ET1NRL&keywords=for+the+love+of+catch+DVD&qid=1666013557&s=movies-tv&sprefix=for+the+love+of+catch+dvd%2Cmovies-tv%2C81&sr=1-1
3) SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA – We have one last big release this year. This week we’ll be working on setting up the MI premiere showing (targeting Dec 17th timeframe) likely at the NCG Theatre in our director Anthony Hornus home town. But before that we’re looking at the Iowa premiere. We’ll be sending out a communication to see if any of the out of state cast or crew plan to travel in to Iowa. Most will likely wait for the MI premiere. But for the Iowa folks we are soon to announce the initial Iowa premiere with a theatrical run that will follow. The first draft of the German translation came in. The credit lists are being put together. There is always that person with bad handwriting or a sincere mistake whereas a name is forgotten or misspelled. We try to NOT have this happen but usually we have a couple every film because of so many people. The new theatrical trailer is also being worked upon. I’ll be checking on that progress along with music and sound. I’m so excited to show the world this film. It will play theaters into 2023 and it will roll out to home video later in 2023.
4) WILD FAITH: Hastings still might find the right partners for season one. The film WILD FAITH reached a milestone on Encourage TV passing 6 million views. With 20 million plus overall views in 2020, I’m curious what our overall is. We’ve also added NBC/Peacock to our distribution partners. I’ve got reports of it playing on TV in several places. Thank you to all the fans who have made this film a favorite. WATCH IT HERE: https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B07QBJ6VPX/ref=atv_dp_cnc_1_1
5) My writing on SPIRIT LAKE MASSACRE, has been going great. I’m about a third of the way through my first draft. I’m really loving how its all coming together. It is going to be a powerful story to bring to the screen for sure. I’m looking forward to getting many more scenes written this week.
6) Even more nice notes on SMOKE & MIRRORS, a short concept film we released for free to our fans at CDI. Take a watch, perfect for the season. WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qcobe1eng0&feature=emb_logo
7) Speaking of great films for the fall season here is another, BESTSELLER (Rated R for language ands intensity) WATCH HERE: https://www.amazon.com/Bestseller-Melissa-Anschutz/dp/B09YH7X3RY/ref=sr_1_7?crid=37AI5S5XFR8XI&keywords=Bestseller&qid=1666015806&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIxLjAzIiwicXNhIjoiMC44MyIsInFzcCI6IjEuNjUifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=bestselle%2Caps%2C178&sr=8-7
8) If scary isn’t your bag but you still love the fall films we have several more. BEST YEARS GONE was shot this time of year. I had some great fan mail on this movie over the weekend. Take a watch and see if you agree that it is one fun ride! WATCH HERE: https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B09R4KDXGJ/ref=atv_dp_cnc_2_1
9) LOST HEART is a fall favorite with fans of the CDI films. It can also be found on some platforms as BIGFOOT, UFOS and JESUS. You can WATCH IT HERE: https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B08LNX9N2L/ref=atv_dp_cnc_0_0
10) MANS BEST FRIEND – This film with a focus on out veterans and dogs, continues to grow an amazing audience. I got to meet more fans recently of this powerful film. As it gets cold and you’re forced inside, check this film out. WATCH HERE: https://www.amazon.com/MBF-Mans-Friend-DJ-Perry/dp/B07XFZRYYS/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2S3KB5EYUF2I1&keywords=mbf+mans+best+friend&qid=1666016440&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIwLjQ3IiwicXNhIjoiMC45MiIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&s=instant-video&sprefix=MBF+%2Cinstant-video%2C99&sr=1-1
I’m excited to get at the week of work. I’ve almost unpacked from the scouting weekend. I’ve got a series of calls and emails and after I hope to get some good screenwriting in. The morning coffee is now done and I’m going to get on with the week. If you watch or have watched any of the TribeCDI films please do leave a review on http://www.imdb.com and/or the Amazon reviews. I just fueled up on venison steak and our eggs and now I’m ready. I hope you all have an amazing week and I’ll chat with you all again on Sunday.