Morning has recently left us for afternoon and now after some reheated grilled chicken and salad I’m ready to blog with you all before I go give the yard a mow. When soccer season started about a month ago I overused my tendons outside me knees. It is the back and forth motion without having them conditioned for that strain. With weekly games it has been hard to get a full recovery but they are getting stronger. That Covid time off did not do me any favors.
We have had a few days of heat but luckily some storms have blown cooler air in on several days sparing us humidity. The raised garden beds now have the veggies and herbs planted. The chickens have been kicking out the eggs allowing almost daily egg breakfasts. I’ve had a great week of productive moves on the board. Maybe we should do a TOP 10 Updates on this fine Sunday.
- Our sponsorship program for SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA is being looked at by several major brands for alignment. If your brand feels like exploring marketing with our Christmas Homefront WW2 drama please reach out.
- Last week we had a great SNIA meeting with art department and looked at all the challenges that lie ahead. This week will be calls with Jesse Aragon our director of photography. We will look to start locking in our camera, grip and electric team in the coming weeks. Our first schedule is being looked at and soon we’ll pow wow over that and start to make moves. It is so interesting how it all starts to gel and come together.
- This week I’ll be seeing the polished draft of the teaser trailer on our doc FOR THE LOVE OF CATCH. It will release on July 4th and give audiences a glimpse at the amazing grapplers we have assembled to discuss their passion.
- Speaking of trailers, the official trailer for BEST YEARS GONE is in sound and music with Dennis Therrian and it will release soon. Rumor has it might be on the run up to June 23 someones bday;)
- The BEST YEARS GONE film itself is in serious music and sound design. We’ve started assembling the end credits. Color correction should be almost complete. We’re already looking at two premiere events in Sept. One a race and showing at the Springport Speedway Sept 11th and the Owosso, MI premiere date TBD.
- The General Market ‘Lost Heart’ release (BIGFOOT, UFOS and JESUS) is underway appearing on amazon and several other platforms. I love the new poster, trailer and movie as a whole. Released to the faith market ‘Lost Heart’ is up for ‘Best Film’ at the Crown Awards this month.
- Also one of the 5 ‘Best Films at the Crown Awards is MANS BEST FRIEND. A uniquely powerful film which feels like pineapple to a beet when you put the two films next to one another. Vastly different tone but proud to have both recognized.
- I want to give a congrats to VERTICAL BRIDGE who won the ‘Best Years Gone: Battle of the Bands’ and will have their song OFF TO THE RACES in the film. Additionally CDI will be shooting a commercial with the band with Travis Hayward directing, shooting the video. I’m excited for all the artists involved.
- We have some interested people looking at the WILD FAITH/HASTINGS TV series pitch this month. That would make a great bday present. If we get the green light we will be shooting next year.
- I’m starting to work into some creative script writing. I had a great call about the possibility of writing a screenplay for hire. We will see how that turns out. I have lotta possibilities and the things that are meant to be will come to be.
I’m going to wrap this up without a lot of chit chat because I have quite a bit of yard work to attend to before I have people arriving this eve. The berries and hops are getting closer to fruit. The catnip, rhubarb and several other things are already giving. We’ve been enjoying getting into the wines granted to us from previous harvests. I hope you all enjoy some time with family and friends. We had another out of town family get-together seeing some family we have not seen in over a year. Tomorrow I’ve got a big list of things to get through and I’m excited to get after it. I hope you all have a good weekend followed by a productive week.
Be good to one another.
So I want to give a welcome to our artistic minded readers from around the globe. This past week was a good one with a few milestones. I think the most recognizable one is that I had a bday. I turned 50 years old. I find that kind of hard to believe as I feel as young as ever. The occasional knee or lower back issue will remind me once in a while I’ve got mileage. I had a great quiet day visiting with my dad in the morning and dinner on the patio with the moms. My surprise gift was a beautiful fountain that flows down in three falls. It is part of a new lawn area for relaxing and soaking up some nature. The patio is also a very serene place to do some work. The hops have grown up around it giving some wonderful shelter.
Speaking of hops I’m close to putting a run of beer and wine in motion. I’m also about to start picking some mulberries and I’ve been harvesting rhubarb. The garden strawberries are getting stolen perhaps by a lucky rabbit. We have some much wildlife about it is just a joy to watch them all each day. I know one of the other belated bday gifts and I don’t want to drop it here but it is for the entrance into the back yard. The stone path that that leads to the fort office. Speaking of office today I will be installing a high end air purifier. I’ve started taking some small in-person meetings at the office and so safe is a good thing. Let’s look at some film updates.
WILD FAITH continues to grow an audience and we’ll be having additional discussions on ‘Hastings‘ the TV shows. I will return to work on some of this now that my Movie Magic software is updated to my operating system.
THE QUEST TRILOGY (Forty Nights, Chasing the Star, The Christ Slayer) keeps widening the audience. In a few short months we’ll be hitting our prime window again. We are working to have a cool trilogy trailer.
MBF: Man’s Best Friend – Thank you to all our fans of this heartfelt movie. We are working to see if we can get a few more festival showings out of it also.
LOST HEART is almost complete. We are mixing the audio and doing the final paperwork on a few drop songs. Early feedback has been just wonderful. Soon audiences will get to make up their own mind on all that.
BEST YEARS GONE – A new version of the script is being reviewed. We spent a few weeks punching up some dialog and highlighting the ‘Racing’ theme in the film. I’m excited by some of the developing deals. Music. Rock & Roll. Drop the beat! It is going to be a fun film. We have pushed the film to our last window of 2020 to try and put some distance between us and the virus. Plus it is giving us time to put a few great things into play. It has been giving me ample time to put together my next personality I’m bringing to the screen.
DEVELOPMENT continues and the ink is nearly dry on two other CDI projects. Also we’ve reassigned three CDI associated films to a new distributor and we’ll be doing some PR on that as we head into the fall season. Overall just so many possible new avenues to explore and develop.
I’m going to end this here so I can likely give the lawn a mow and do some mulching. I also need to pick up and install the office purifiers. In our town of Lansing we are seeing how one viral hotspot can from from zero to eighty plus in just days. I see many gatherings and even shoots taking place with little or no precaution. I just hope that these outbreaks don’t send us backwards into a more restrictive situation. Masks are not political they are just a common denominator of health. Help knock this virus back by doing your part.
Stay safe out there and be kind to one another.