Welcome new readers from Lebanon and Ukraine, so happy to have you with us. Fall is in full swing here in Michigan. It has been a full week of getting fall prep completed and working to move all our films forward. First on the prep – we’ve had a week of chilly weather outside that had us burning logs in the office wood stove. Also this week a batch of “Grape Ape” wine was started. It uses the wild grapes from around the garden with a touch of mulberry and rhubarb to add some complexity. It is bubbling away beside my chair and soon we’ll have 5 gallons of the new wine. Pumpkins, squash and other fall harvests have made their way to our home.
I worked on updating my literary resume. Also I spoke of two of my stories pertaining to horses appearing in a new book featuring a collection of stories. I worked with the editor and they’ve asked me to participate in a few other “collection” books this coming year. I LOVE writing and to be able to earn a check using my writing is just awesome. I also did a script for an upcoming PSA which the client loved. I’m going to work on a few feature scripts using my writing time. I’m enjoying writing on a Sci-Fi piece which is a true love of mine.
The 1st draft of the Lost Heart script is complete. It will slowly make its way out to key development people. I’ve gotten my first few reactions to the script and they loved it. I also have been looking at what keys would work best with a story like this. I had a few good meetings this past week with some very talented individuals.
This coming week I will be getting together with Carl Weyant and we’ll be going in studio to do some work on The Christ Slayer. The distribution set up is underway that will likely include a theatrical set up. Our distributor will return from Mipcom this week and we’ll chat as they prep for AFM. I’m waiting to hear on this theatrical before doing full PR on the film. In the next two weeks we should have distributor DVD poster art and updates. I’m being told 2/4/18 will start broadcast and digital and 3/4/18 will be DVD release. I’m very excited and if you enjoyed the other biblical adventures FORTY NIGHTS and CHASING THE STAR you should enjoy THE CHRIST SLAYER.
THE CHRIST SLAYER is not the only film that looks like it’s getting a theatrical with our distributor. WILD FAITH is also looking at getting a wider limited theatrical and we’ll also be setting the home video dates. I mentioned that we were adding a narrator for the opening and close of the film. This plays into the TV series and I’m excited about this spin off. We have a verbal agreement on the talent and paperwork has been sent over. Once the paperwork is signed we’ll be doing a PR announcement on all these updates. WILD FAITH might also have a few product sponsorships and that’s exciting.
MBF: Man’s Best Friend editing continues. I did also hear that the theatrical program our distributor is working with likes this film also. I’m excited about the acceptance of these films into that arena. That is a nod to all the artists involved. A teaser is also being worked on and I know many are excited to see that. We’re going to keep rolling out official stills each week. Please join our social media Facebook site for this and all our films.
Melissa Anschutz and DJ Perry in BESTSELLER
Lastly, tis the season for scary boos and things that go bump in the night. I’ve done my fair share of horror films and actually got my start in them. I was asked if I was going to act in any new ones. IF the right script came about I would return and help tell a scary story. There’s two films RESURRECTION which I co-starred in Las Vegas that has yet to release. Also DEAD QUIET that I had a supporting role in was trying to target this Halloween but I haven’t heard anything. But I have several out there you can check out. The 8th Plague, Bestseller, GPS, Darkest Night, Deadly Renovations – just to name a few. Caution as they are Rated R. We’ve been enjoying that TV series The Haunting of Hill House.
I’m going to finish up watching the Lions. Hats off to U of M who beat our MSU Spartans but they get no points for sportsmanship. Today at the last flea market of the season I bought a copper bin to hold some fire logs. I’ll be heading out to get the wood stove burning. I think I might have a touch of hot cider first. We’ve been adjusting here and working to enjoy the fall. I plan to do some pumpkin carving with the nephew and niece this week, which will be fun. I hope everyone has an productive week ahead.
Be good to one another.
The hazelnut coffee sits beside me bringing my computer in my head online with each sip. I’ve been returning to action since returning from Burbank. So I’ve been trying to plan out my fall. I’ve been considering all options before us while moving ahead. We’ll be announcing a few exciting developments including a production deal.
Right now my focus is on finishing the distribution deal on WILD FAITH, which includes a developing TV series. As many of you know and we’ll expand upon in a PR release – we won ‘Best Faith Film’ at Burbank International Film Festival.
My next priority is the finishing and releasing of part 3 of THE QUEST TRILOGY entitled “The Christ Slayer”. This film is the final chapter in our biblical adventure series. I again play Jesus and this film has the most VFX to date. Bridgestone Multimedia Group has it marked as their flagship for Easter 2019. I’m very excited for audiences to experience this film. Director Nathaniel Nose has done a wonderful job with it and Dennis Therrian is composing an incredible score and doing sound design.
MBF: Man’s Best Friend is also in editing and will move into post music and sound design as The Christ Slayer exits post. We’ve been releasing official stills and a teaser will be released before Christmas.
I’ve also been writing a new script LOST HEART that I had intended to shoot this fall. But with the post schedule and my writing moving a tad slower because of the wrist (cast off now a splint for 30 days) – I think it may push to 2019. I want to do it right and that requires prep. But the script is still being worked and will likely be done this month. I just need to look at the entire slate and how we want to roll things out. Lots of moving pieces to consider. I think we might start doing a few table reads on possible scripts also.
Acting-wise I’m starting to feel the urge again to be in front of the camera. As always it has to be the right story. Outside the biz I’ve been enjoying the approaching fall. I’ve harvested hops and wild grapes for one of my new wines. We’ve got a few squash that will be a good addition to the dinner table. With no soccer today for me I’m going to try to put a one-handed mow on the yard. The wood stove might get a working tonight and so fire wood gathering and cutting will be more important in the coming weeks.
Enjoy the harvests in your life.
I want to welcome our new readers from Malta and Trinidad – I love as we add more artistic folks to this little circle. I’m sipping the hazelnut coffee and reflecting back upon my week. This week has been full of updates as we move forward. Let’s do a TOP TEN updates.
- First I was pleased to see the final product on a Voice Over job I did for a commercial video directed by Tomaki Boaz. He also directed the music video I participated in not to long ago. https://youtu.be/Y6gqlE8BKJ8
- The PR announcing the official theatrical trailer to part 3 of The Quest Trilogy has been well received. Here is the trailer for THE CHRIST SLAYER. – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqmOL80agh0
- Sound design and music on THE CHRIST SLAYER is in full swing with Dennis Therrian at our sound studio.
- This week I’m also proud to announce that the home video deal for THE CHRIST SLAYER with BMG was signed. Just waiting on the countersigned paperwork and we’ll have official release dates soon after. We do know that the Christmas season will be our theatrical roll out and Easter season will be our home video.
5. Ongoing work on the WILD FAITH home video deal and beyond deal. But I’m also hearing that we got invited to play at a cool Hollywood-based film festival in the fall. More info soon.
6. MBF is officially in post-production and file organization is underway. Also discussions for a first teaser trailer. I’m going to be talking with a few people about BTS promo videos this week. First look stills – soon:)
7. I took a story concept from an old script – adding a few great elements and I’m writing a new script. Mainly changing the shooting location while tailoring some of the roles. I’m excited about this story that will likely be our fall film for CDI. Follow http://www.cdiproductions.com for casting updates.
8. This week we’ll be finishing up the first wave of “visual synopsis” videos for the selling of books for a large publisher. This is one of the CDI accounts we have and so again we will do select commercial endeavors but feature film and TV content is our priority.
9. I had a nice meeting this week with Michigan’s own Taylor Nichols. He’s a quality talent originally from our area but has been calling L.A. home. We finally had a chance to sit down informally and talk movies and possibilities.
10. This weekend I was taken as a belated birthday present to the Detroit Art Museum to see an exhibit that is all on the wardrobe and costumes of STAR WARS. It was a great peek inside the process that surprisingly is very close to what we’ve had to do with all our period films. It is cool to hear the inspiration and stories behind the iconic outfits.
It was a great week that also included putting some zen to the yard. Some berry collecting for wine – we have wine to bottle now. Some office organization and just putting order to things. Today is July 1st and we’ve had a heat wave but most of that was spent at the art museum in Detroit. No soccer for the day because of the 4th of July holiday. I’m looking forward to a week of business and some enjoyment. I hope you all are spending sometime with your loved ones. Those following our furry son Luke’s radiation journey – he’s healing from the burns but it does look like the tumor and swelling is growing smaller. He’s attitude and health has stayed strong so we are grateful for that.
Enjoy your day and have a great weekend.