Welcome to December 1st! I’ve honestly had Christmas songs buzzing around in my head for a couple months. The last few days we’ve changed the house over from Thanksgiving to Christmas. We hosted a Thanksgiving dinner that went great despite the fact that our family had an out-of-state funeral to attend. Good ole ‘Dutch’ passed away and I became to new owner of a few pair of boots. He lived to be a ripe 89 years old and lived his way for sure.
We went out on the day when everyone was shopping and harvested a beautiful tree. The animals were so excited, especially Lulu our cat. We did do a few selective shopping trips but the timing was chosen for minimal traffic. I cannot handle huge crowds like that so give me a saw and let’s get a tree instead. Finn approves!
Apparently I cannot recall the huge thunder that accompanied our blanket of beautiful snow this morning. But we do have a winter wonderland and later today I’ve have to go light a fire to the office wood stove. Tomorrow I’m picking up the deer that will provide us with meat over the next year. We eat maybe 75/25 of plant vs meat but we do enjoy venison. Any other meat we usually get give the 4H in Summertime. So on the food front we are very blessed. We even plan to roast up some beets from our garden and our apples will make another pie or two. Welcome to December 1st!
We are awaiting a commercial check still to disperse to our cast and crew but we will be dispersing some revenue on a few of the motion pictures this week. This is the last month of the year and I’ll be also working to update our materials and promotional sites. I have lots of help with all that work and it does take a tribe. We also will be looking at all the foreign countries and territories the movies are available in.
- MBF: Man’s Best Friend continues to stream and sell on DVD. It will play on Dec 5th in Kentucky at the Equuos Film Festival. But please do take a watch. Vote and or review on IMDB, Amazon or wherever you watched it from.
- MBF has special charity theatrical showings being set up in FL and MI for the new year. Also a few additional festivals will play our film. Stay tuned!
- WILD FAITH talks were part of the discussion with our distributor and my soon to be new management. The idea of a sequel or TV series is getting real. We just need to pull some pitch materials together. If you have not watched this movie yet, treat yourself.
- The Quest Trilogy which consists of Forty Nights, Chasing the Star and The Christ Slayer are selling deeper into territories across the globe. These three biblical adventures were special because I got to use the ‘look’ and ‘style’ of Star Wars to tell this unique and powerful award-winning stories. It was nice to discuss these with our distributor and the next “biblical era” films to follow. My pitch on the new story to write was met with excitement.
- Writing on that will have to wait as I’m currently engaged in translating a book into a screenplay. My working title is “Hope of Heaven” and has many of the special ingredients found in LOST HEART. I’ve finished my read and this week I start to write! I’m excited to weave this story which will film next year late Summer in Michigan. We will be looking for a pair of twin actresses 18-25 to co-star so if you fit that breakdown send me an email direct. email@example.com
- Speaking of LOST HEART, the rough edit is done and we will be feeding notes to director Jesse Low who will be doing the final edit. It will move on to music and sound design Jan 1st! I will be sharing some additional official stills that are using the new official LOGO.
- We have several other development projects moving right along and one of them is an awesome WW2 era film. It will prep in 2020 and shoot in 2021. We will provide more information in the coming year.
- I’ve also been doing narration for book for a fellow artists and promoting THE HORSE OF MY DREAMS book launch with Revell. I will be attending an event reading in Jan in Grand Rapids, MI, more info as we get closer.
- I’m trying to finally spend a bit of time on a new sizzle reel and a few character reels from my performances in THE CHRIST SLAYER, MBF and WILD FAITH. The new management company is presenting to a few network shows so casting folks will get to see Jesus, Ben Lily and Paul – I think it shows a nice range of roles. Thank you Scott B for the Paul Landings character reel.
- We’re slowly working towards a new merchandise department at CDI. I’m excited to keep exploring this more.
I hope you all continue to enjoy the season with family and friends. I plan on many more fort/office get togethers. I’m excited to do a few script reads also over the next couple weeks. I’m going to keep moving and getting stuff done. We put a few lights outside and today lights might go up on the tree. Have a wonderful Sunday and week ahead.
Be good to one another!
Good day to all of you out there. I hope your week was a productive one with some enjoyment along the way. I wanted to take a few moments to blog with all of you out there. I see again we have new international readers. We had a bit more heat this week in Michigan and that slowed the roll on yard work that I’m going to make up today. This week I finally hung a large theater sign in the office that I’ve had for a long time. I can say that my office is really getting there with organization of stuff. It is funny how I can chart my life by what film I was doing at a given time. I did an interview Q&A for the “Dead Quiet” movie that is saying it will show 1st quarter 2015. That is also the national DVD/VOD target for “Ashes of Eden”. I also think that “Bestseller” will be moving into theaters about that same time.
BESTSELLER – I’ve been a tad quiet on this film as it moves down the post line. I had the pleasure of watching the new cut of the film a few times this week to give notes. Most all my notes were on how pleased I was with how the 1st round of suggestions were incorporated. I’m excited because the pick ups and the trims to the film have me very excited. It is a tense and exciting film and Michigan is showcased in such a beautiful way. I can’t wait to see it on the big screen. More PR will be forthcoming as we approach an end-of-the-year premiere. Great job cast and crew!
ASHES OF EDEN will start a theatrical run in the Detroit area (Canton & Novi) in September and I’m excited for people on that side of the state to be able to see this fine film on the big screen. We got a great review from one of the TV networks I’ve dealt with before and so I think we will license there. Also a few foreign territories are moving forward with negotiations. I’ve enjoyed this collaboration and look forward to the next one with Shane Hagedorn.
We also will see other CDI/CDI associated films heading to the big screen and several have new distribution opportunities opening up. We will be meeting this week to discuss more of this and I have some distribution offers to consider. What films would you like to see on the BIG SCREEN? Re-issue of films? Feel free to let me hear your thoughts.
http://www.indieflix.com is the home of the first 3 shows of “Supermodel Showdown, Costa Rican Adventure” and so check it out if you like tropic places, reality TV and/or bikini babes.
A TV pilot I did a few years ago in Canada may become a feature film. It is a comedy and deals with stock car racing and so that could be fun.
I’ve been having some great talks with my management about placement in a few larger studio films. I had materials sent yesterday on a film that might be in need of a strong supporting man. I really liked the director and so I gave my interest to go ahead with the send off. I know at least one studio project I’m slated to be in but I have to keep that quiet until they are ready to PR. I’m enjoying finishing up stuff that is on my plate. But I do have one eye on the future. We’ve had some great development talks and I see a few of our films moving ahead.
I want to close this chat early and go do some yard work before it is way too hot. I have observed all this world news with water buckets, racial tensions and pending war with Isis. How do I feel about it all? See we provide escapism from all these highs and lows in life and I know everyone has different views. I like awareness for diseases but also know how desperate others in the world are for water and to just see waste everywhere… Racial tensions/police tensions – time will tell the story. Isis – challenging the USA is well…not real smart. A common enemy is what often unites Americans and when that focus gets redirected…
So I’m going to return to some yard work. I plan on grilling and chilling a bit. A soccer match tomorrow and time with my brother and friends. I hope you all have a good week. I’m sorry to a friend or two who hit me up with indiegogo/kickstarter stuff – I don’t believe in that funding for profit earning films. For a non-profit or fan film – perhaps an exception. I just see more asking, asking, asking for unreasonable amounts/budgets that don’t/won’t usually get funded. I give to charity where I see fit and no challenge is going to change that. And I don’t play any online games. So if you have recently requested any of these things I politely decline.
And with that I bid you all a good day!