NEW (HIR) Teaser Poster and Several Film Updates
(The NEW teaser poster for CDI’s next film ‘Harsens Island Revenge’)
Coffee Cheers on this fine Sunday morning. It is still chilly on these Michigan mornings and the hazelnut coffee is really tasting fine. We will be approaching a few places about sponsorship with coffee during the next CDI shoot. Often when a small army is exposed to a new product they become of fan and a regular user. Some sponsorships help the production directly and some indirectly like when we did jar candles for many years. When you have to stay away from home for several weeks it really does bring comfort. Last week was an extremely productive week on so many fronts. Let’s take a look at some of those developments.
- SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA has been delivered to our distributor (BMG) and this week we’ll deliver the last few pieces. The overall film copyright and a few final marketing pieces will be sent over tomorrow and I hope to have release dates by the end of the week. I’m excited for the distributor art to start being worked on we are all so very excited about the 4th quarter of the year release to home video. We still are waiting to see if we are invited out to the Burbank Film Festival. But this movie has been an amazing journey like they all are. If you have not seen the film yet know we are excited to bring it to you. If you did get to see it in the theaters we’re excited to bring you this enhanced version.
- This past week was also the deadline to get all the extra materials in for an upcoming Knight Chills re-release. For those that don’t know this film was the first feature for CDI. It is a tale about bullying but told using role playing games as the setting. With all the renewed excitement over Dungeons and Dragons and such, this film should be well received. It is not a great film by any means but it is true to itself and the subject matter. It is also a good example of doing it yourself – filmmaking. We learned so much and the film is turning 25 years old soon. It got strong distribution during its initial release but also had us as young filmmakers navigating the hardships of low level distribution. Integrity. But the fans have come full circle appreciating the film. My fear with the older films was always – what if this is the first film of mine they see? Everyone starts somewhere and I/we started at ground zero so that really makes the journey more impressive. I’m secure where I am in my life with everything acting/filmmaking and so I’m enjoying the process of getting this films prepped for a new release to new audiences. They want me to be zero PR releases until they present to licensors in a few months so this will be likely the last update on this for a short while. But thank you to those who were willing and/or able to participate in the Behind the Scenes extras. I can say that we have plans with this company to focus on FROM VENUS (CDI’s 2nd film) and IN THE WOODS (My 1st starring role). We learn and build from our past endeavors.
- I mentioned IN THE WOODS above and I am due for an update meeting next week on this re-mastering. I also have some great new information to share. This film is getting a new edit with added scenes and lots of extras. I’ve seen some of the prototypes of the toy line and it is looking good. I need to get my face scan for the Alex Kerwood action figure. This week at one of our meetings I discovered how I might be able to get this scan done faster and sent to the mold makers. In this CDI association, we have a slate of films moving down the line. I emanated prior SHJ, a supernatural thriller and the buzz on IN THE WOODS 2. I also will be excited to talk about new technology that could really help an older project called PALEFIRE. At least I think that is the title. I need another blast of coffee:)
- SPIRIT LAKE MASSACRE – This powerful and amazing story is being prepped for presentation and funding to interested parties. This film would shoot in Iowa as a follow up to our SILENT NIGHT IN ALGONA. It is undergoing a final polish with another set of eyes and the presentation package is being finalized.
- WILD FAITH: Hastings is the 8 show spin off from the WILD FAITH motion picture. It continues to gain momentum on many platforms and just surpassed 7 million views on our distributor’s streaming platform. This is a new endeavor and so we’re trying to set it up just right. The most important thing to me is creative control to keep the integrity of the show that was inspired directly from shows like THE WALTONS and LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE. By that I mean that every show has a life lesson attached to it.
- HARSENS ISLAND REVENGE is CDI’s next film and we’ve been steady at work each and every day. Last week we met with McGraw Multimedia that will likely be supervisions our visual VFX for the film. This was a great reunion of sorts as John McGraw was an editor for CDI in the early days and his brother Eldon, I’ve known even longer. He has been a producer for many years. We’ve got a handful of ambitious scenes in the film that we’ll be tackling. We also got a great preview of all the capabilities of motion capture which might come into play on another film project. We only have a few cast and crew to still place and most of our efforts are on lodging and catering right now. We’ll start locking down locations once we know exactly how many and what days we’ll need a location for. As noted above- we’re starting to lock in some sponsors to assist the film directly or indirectly. Personally, I’ve been having fun slowly building the character for this new role. I like to learn about all the influences in the time period that affects how they see and exist within the world at that time. I cannot lie, I’m itching to get back in front of the cameras and bring AXEL to life. We’re in a holding pattern on some fronts awaiting the schedule from the AD department. We’ll do a close examination and lock the schedule allowing us to go to agreements on cast, locations and vehicles. So many cool things happening and you can follow along on our Facebook page of the same name.
- We have a handful of other projects in development and several possible associated films. I’ve recently read a script by some peer filmmakers and that might lead to a collaboration. And I have talks this week on development of – let’s say it could have us returning to the deserts of Yuma, AZ. We have many film family and friends in that area.
(Some of the CDI Tribe meeting with McGraw Multimedia over ‘Harsen’s Island Revenge’)
This week I enjoyed battling on the soccer grid once again. We lost our match but it was a good battle and the season is just getting started. I’m getting my conditioning back and feel pretty good. My flat feet are getting use to the running again. I’ve had many good people reach out this week and had a few really special notes sent on MBF: Man’s Best Friend which is a film that if you haven’t seen of ours you really should. I want to give a shout out to my high school classmates who got together for a 35th class reunion, damn. It just seems like yesterday that I was driving the ole Maverick and playing HAIL TO THE CHIEF with the musical car horn. I just had timing issues with this weekends events but I hope all my Sexton Big Red 88′ alumni had a good time catching up. I’m working to tame this yard which is already a seas of green and various colors. I’ve harvested my first rhubarb for wine making and I’m about to make a batch of summer beer done in the Mexican-style. I might add a pepper to each bottle. If you’ve never tried that you should. I’m ready to start making good ole Sun Tea also. I’m going to finish up here and have a few eggs from our girls before heading to the flea market in search of film props.
Keep following your dreams and I’ll chat with you next week.