Shane Hagedorn and DJ Perry in ‘Wild Faith’
We had a few days of semi-warmth that included some wood cutting, yard cleaning and even some Viking dart playing. It was a week of good meetings and discussions. I was reminded again this week of how you must work as a pulse not a ray. The latter will drain you and will bring about the “watched pot never boils” mentality. Once you put something in action allow it to work. Shift your mind to the next thing on your list. I’ve got another week or so here working on our “Wild Faith” release plan with our team. I’ve also been putting a few things in order for a trip to LA in Feb. to visit and take a few meetings. It will be nice to visit a few days with friends there.
One of the projects in development is ‘Hastings’ the TV series to follow the further adventures of “Wild Faith” feature.
Another is MBF (Man’s Best Friend) which will bring more paperwork and funds into the account this week. I’m excited to get this locked up. If I can do it before the Feb trip I might be sitting down to discuss casting with a few people there. I appreciate the growing interest and this will be a powerful tale to tell.
One of my family stories/scripts is in development to be CDI’s second associated animated film. I will share more on this as we get closer to setting the course. It has been concept art up until this point. It is going to be a fun project.
“Wicked Spring” artwork is complete and the DVD’s will be in the warehouses in Feb or an early March release in the USA. A PR release will accompany a new trailer release. The film is being released worldwide via CDI Distribution who made the deal and BMG who’s done a wonderful job with our biblical trilogy.
A still of actress Christine Marie in the upcoming “The Christ Slayer”
As for THE QUEST TRILOGY – The Christmas season was strong and I look forward to the 1st quarter 2018 reports that will have our holiday sales. “Chasing the Star” and “Forty Nights” continue to grow an audience. Part 3 “The Christ Slayer” poster and trailer are coming. The film itself starts music/sound work at month’s end so we’re CLOSE to starting that. Some dialog clean up is already underway. Easter will be another month to target with the films. I’m excited to watch these films grow in the marketplace. Our new readers here from Norway might be from FAMILY 7 – they’re playing the films.
I’ve been back to writing weekly focusing on ‘Hastings’ TV shows and doing research for the next biblical trilogy. I’ve also been working on my first Sci-Fi script and just brought on a consultant who is also a longtime friend of mine. It is exciting to see a story on the page what could be on the screen in the coming years.
I’ve got some work to get to in prep of the coming week. I’m going to let you all get back to your Sunday. I do appreciate each and every one of you stopping by. Have a productive week and be good to one another.
A light dusting of snow covers the ground and I’m sipping at the hazelnut coffee (not sponsored yet) and reflecting back on my busy week. I want to welcome our Romanian and Indian readers to the blog. On the Indian front we’re having some great conversations about getting some of the CDI films there and also about a few collaborations on scripts we have.
Speaking of sponsors – Maple Holistics approached me about possible endorsement. I have a select list of products that I’ve got deals with. These often are passed down to our cast and crew in the form of gifts such as our awesome product from The Candleberry Company. I used the tea tree shampoo for this past week and I have to say I like it. I liked the texture, the tingle and it left my hair feeling very clean. You too can try for yourself and they’ve provided me a link below. Enjoy. Tell them DJ Perry sent you:)
I’m listening to the icy rain outside – thankfully I got most all the yard winterized. I had a GIANT branch larger than most trees, trimmed. (Ruby’s Tree Service in Lansing) It had grown over the house and path to the office. It was big enough that the roof and house might slow it down if it fell. That said, it is now down and while part of the yard is littered with logs I will have lots of firewood for the coming seasons. I had a Viking Thursday that started early with stowing all the yard stuff under the deck and ended with a little whiskey sipping around the wood stove with a few ole friends. Let’s look at a few updates from a week of business.
- AFM (American Film Market) is over and we had both FORTY NIGHTS and CHASING THE STAR being pushed. We have deals underway with several foreign companies/networks for release. Asia, UK, Netherlands and more…stay tuned for news as they close. I have to say it is nice to have good reports coming in vs the sad song many past distributors would cry about how bad the market was…blah…blah… It’s all about the people and the integrity of doing business.
- Amazon likes Chasing the Star as a possible featured film in December. Here is their directions to assist us – Ask as many people as you can (who have Amazon Prime) to watch CHASING THE STAR on Prime’s streaming service (here’s the web address: https://www.amazon.com/Chasing-Star-Yancy-Butler/dp/B074PWRYWF/ref=tmm_aiv_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr= ) … if they’ve already watched it elsewhere, they can just play it all the way through while they do something else (no fast forwarding), then write a positive review and rate it highly. They don’t need to get carried away with their comments – just be truthful and positive. Those end to end views of the film, followed by positive reviews, help drive the Title to locations on Prime’s homepage which make it easier for others to run across it and (hopefully) watch.
- Forty Nights is playing on the BIG screen TONIGHT in Bedias, Texas TONIGHT Nov. 12th see INFO here – https://www.facebook.com/events/177914439433028/
- The NEW Collective Development Inc. website will be launching Jan. 1st and we’ve got lots of great things developing with that endeavor.
- Development talks at one of my favorite studio/networks has begun. We will see, I don’t want to jinx anything but initial pitch had some initial interest.
- Discussions on development with CDI and certain Indian/Bollywood entities continues. Both to release CDI product and create new film product.
- Wild Faith VFX work is in full swing and the first low res drafts were VERY good. I’m happy to report that in the next week or two that the visual will be locked up including VFX. End credit work has also started.
- The Christ Slayer VFX work (much more) is moving right along and I got to see some of the newly altered scenes. It looks like major studio work and I’m excited to see if finished.
- Staying on The Christ Slayer film- the first official poster is almost done. I’ve seen all the previous versions and so I’m excited to see our final.
- MBF (Man’s Best Friend) solidified another investor unit this week and we announced three of our actors. One being a tried and true we’ve worked with many times (Dean Teaster) and two young actors that will be working with us for the first time. Shooting is still targeting March 2018. A shout out to all those who served in our armed forces.
Aside from that, it was a week of disappointment in my alumni school Michigan State University. In football we’ve been doing good but Ohio hit us like Mr. T’s Clubber Lang in Rocky 3. We will see if the Lions do better today. The house Halloween stuff got put away and the Thanksgiving stuff is out. Soon the Christmas tree and I for one can’t wait. I love having a tree in the house. I find it inspiring. So those of you in the reach of the cold, stay warm. I hope you have a productive week and spend some good time with friends and family.
Be good to one another.